Headcoach Kliff Kingsbury and his assistant coaches

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
How good is Kugler at evaluating talent? We have to find the players first before we can develop them.

Humphries, Cole, Pugh, Barksdale, and *maybe* Cunningham is a good enough core to start with for any solid OL coach. Add a few pieces and there’s no reason that the line should improve considerably

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Humphries, Cole, Pugh, Barksdale, and *maybe* Cunningham is a good enough core to start with for any solid OL coach. Add a few pieces and there’s no reason that the line should improve considerably

Half those guys will miss at least 6 games so they need to stock up.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Don’t freak out, Shane, he won’t be calling plays.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No doubt in my mind there will be some that will knock these hires, but damn they make so much sense. An awesome offensive line coach. A wr coach that worked with KK and the air raid offense. NICE.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Special teams coach yet?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Feels so damn good to be hiring competent assistants. I think Mike's opened up the checkbook and is likely outbidding for their services. I don't think he wants a repeat of this year.
I agree, but Michael missed the boat big time in not getting Stump back. I would’ve made him the Asst HC

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Just a reminder - playoff teams are running their az off effectively - opening up the passing game. I like the staff - but fear they will pass the cards to death again.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
I don't know Kugler, so please enlighten me why he is that great of an OL coach?

KK won't pass the Cards to death just because he's a coach out of the Air Raid tree. In fact among all Air Raid coaches, he is one of the more run-heavy guys. He understandably aired it out with Mahomes quite a bit, but the last couple of years he had a balanced offense with good rushing totals. Ultimately KK strikes me as a guy who will use his best playmakers early and often, rather than getting cute.

Btw I don't think the OC will matter that much. The whole offensive staff is basically in place already. KK will be the QB coach, install his concepts and call the plays.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't know Kugler, so please enlighten me why he is that great of an OL coach?

I don’t know anything about Kugler’s NFL experience, but Tech played Kugler’s UTEP team and their OL was very physical with a strong running game.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/14/az-arizona-cardinals-sean-kugler-ol-stats/

In 11 NFL seasons as an offensive line coach, he has had six 1,000-yard rushers. His lines have averaged just under 38 sacks allowed per year. The Cardinals allowed 52 last season.

The lack of 1,000 yard rushers looks like a concern until you see that he didn’t have a lot of talent there....Lynch & Lindsay as exceptions and they both had 1000 yards.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
I get that Kugler knows him some OL. But let's pump the brakes. Nothing suggests that he is some magic OL whisperer. A solid OL coach it looks to me who needs much more talent to work with than what we currently have. I was cringing yesterday when the Eagles subbed in a quality lineman like Wisniewsky for the injured Brooks.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a reminder - playoff teams are running their az off effectively - opening up the passing game. I like the staff - but fear they will pass the cards to death again.
In today’s nfl you need to run the ball when you NEED to run the ball. Old school, run the ball to set up the pass . New school, throw the ball to set up the run. Gurley is a stud but he too benefits when opposing defenses have to worry about Cook, Woods, Kupp, jet sweeps and everything else. We tried to be a smash mouth straight ahead running team. That simply doesn’t work. We need to mix smash mouth with traps, zone, screens and draws....and this year we will.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I get that Kugler knows him some OL. But let's pump the brakes. Nothing suggests that he is some magic OL whisperer. A solid OL coach it looks to me who needs much more talent to work with than what we currently have. I was cringing yesterday when the Eagles subbed in a quality lineman like Wisniewsky for the injured Brooks.
Broncos did lose 3 oline starters last year & oline actually improved. That's a minor miracle in itself

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson