Head scratch david johnson

HotSauce

Veteran
Reaction score
I commented long before the draft that there were only 2 real pile movers in this draft: the top pick at RB and the kid from Texas that no one seem to have wanted. I would not be surprised at all to see that kid, that just didn't get a chance to show is stuff at Texas do to there inept offensive lines, turn out to be exactly what we needed.

I agree with you about our pick. We still need a backup to rest Ellington, so maybe he will fit the bill there at least. He does have some potential, so I don't consider him a wasted pick, just not the type player most of us would have wanted to compliment our existing RBs.

Hey, let's trade him for Peterson. What you say?

Todd Gurley & Malcolm Brown?

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately for the Rams, their OL will comprise the only bodies which those backs are going to have to move but I look to the Rams addressing that line next draft :D
They drafted four OLineman and added one via FA. Its been addressed, question is how quickly it will gel and come together considering how inexperienced they are.

IMO David Johnson will flourish in Arians' offense. With his hands, decent pass pro and size he'll do well once he learns the offense.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
They drafted four OLineman and added one via FA. Its been addressed, question is how quickly it will gel and come together considering how inexperienced they are.

IMO David Johnson will flourish in Arians' offense. With his hands, decent pass pro and size he'll do well once he learns the offense.

The Rams offensive line is a dumpster fire. Havenstein in the 2nd round?!?! To play tackle?!?!? That dude is going to give up a lot of sacks in the NFL.

Watching Fisher and Snead is like watching an NFL team from the 1980's. All defense and running game, and a guaranteed non-winning season...

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
From MJ:

BA on RB David Johnson still trying to find his niche:

"He ain't getting $&!# yet"

Johnson is behind Ellington, Taylor, Grice and Williams.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

My guess on paper would be:

LT: Greg Robinson
LG: Roger Saffold
OC: Barrett Jones
RG: Garret Reynolds
RT: Rob Havenstien

Not to mention there will be camp battles for RG, RT, and all depth.

Not great but not horrific.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

That right side of the OL leaves a lot to be desired. It reminds when we had the likes of Chris Dishman and Fred Wakefield on the OL.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From MJ:

BA on RB David Johnson still trying to find his niche:

"He ain't getting $&!# yet"

Johnson is behind Ellington, Taylor, Grice and Williams.
I like it when BA talks like this. Make the young guys earn their way, don't give them anything but the opportunity

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

It's a below average offensive line. Robinson will have to pick up his play significantly, and the right side of that line is scary. I've heard that Barrett Jones hasn't really distinguished himself yet as well.

As much as I like Gurley, I think the Rams would've been much better served taking a WR or another OL. They have running backs, and while I think Gurley can be special, their offense outside of Gurley is not good.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I'd still take the special player and then worry about plugging holes later

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He must really be raw if Palmer is showing him how to put his arms for a hand off. That is basic stuff.

You must be registered for see images

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took him in round 2 of my dynasty rookie draft so hope he does well!