He still got that fire in his belly for 1,000 yards receiving and 1,000 yards rushing

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And Justin Bethal wanted to be an All Pro CB

Talk this time of year is worthless...and it's all hype

DJ's done nothing for 2 years now....living off what he did 3 years ago is beyond dumb.

He's older and he's been paid....he averaged 52 yards a game last season and fell down 'on contact' all of last year. He never ran hard and having just come off a season where he missed it due to injury you'd thought he'd be hungry....nope

and it's not what he says, it's believing anything that's said this time of year.

If you're gonna buy the DJ hype I've got some land in Florida to sell ya.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
And Justin Bethal wanted to be an All Pro CB

Talk this time of year is worthless...and it's all hype

DJ's done nothing for 2 years now....living off what he did 3 years ago is beyond dumb.

He's older and he's been paid....he averaged 52 yards a game last season and fell down 'on contact' all of last year. He never ran hard and having just come off a season where he missed it due to injury you'd thought he'd be hungry....nope

and it's not what he says, it's believing anything that's said this time of year.

If you're gonna buy the DJ hype I've got some land in Florida to sell ya.
You can’t hold 2017 against him for a season ending injury.

It’s one season behind the worst coaching, o-line and play calling in the history of the franchise and still produced 1300 + yards and double digit touchdowns. You’re tripping...

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You can’t hold 2017 against him for a season ending injury.

It’s one season behind the worst coaching, o-line and play calling in the history of the franchise and still produced 1300 + yards and double digit touchdowns. You’re tripping...
Love your enthusiasm, but having watched football too long DJ is a guy who got paid and shut it down.
I get...so does everyone here reading this that the O line stunk last year, take into account the O line and look at DJ's runs. He went down on first contact every time every game. He had no heart...that's not an O line issue. He quit on the team and self preserved himself.
I can never buy into a guy who shut it down like he did last year...arm tackles and he fell as if a ton of bricks hit him.
The fire he had in 2016 was gone...till I see it again he's a has been in my book and many others around the league see him the same. That's 2 years of NO production...You can probably count on one hand or less the players who've been bad or injured for 2 years straight then come back to make an impact....there aren't many...it's normally a precursor to a guy who's done...not saying DJ is done, but 2 years of no production then coming back isn't what you call good odds.
Guarantee no D coordinator is nearly as worried about DJ as they once were.
Loyalty is a curse...it can blind you from the truth

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Love your enthusiasm, but having watched football too long DJ is a guy who got paid and shut it down.
I get...so does everyone here reading this that the O line stunk last year, take into account the O line and look at DJ's runs. He went down on first contact every time every game. He had no heart...that's not an O line issue. He quit on the team and self preserved himself.
I can never buy into a guy who shut it down like he did last year...arm tackles and he fell as if a ton of bricks hit him.
The fire he had in 2016 was gone...till I see it again he's a has been in my book and many others around the league see him the same. That's 2 years of NO production...You can probably count on one hand or less the players who've been bad or injured for 2 years straight then come back to make an impact....there aren't many...it's normally a precursor to a guy who's done...not saying DJ is done, but 2 years of no production then coming back isn't what you call good odds.
Guarantee no D coordinator is nearly as worried about DJ as they once were.
Loyalty is a curse...it can blind you from the truth

I'm not ready to give up on DJ just yet. I recently went back & watched a lot of film from last year. Initially, it was to watch Rosen. Even behind a completely futile OL, there were many times when Rosen had a clean pocket & was way off the mark. That can't be said of DJ. Because our passing threat was almost nonexistent, DJ was hit within nanoseconds of taking hand offs. I'm sure the process was just exhausting after a while. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, because there IS doubt. We will know soon enough if DJ is back or not. I have a sneaky suspicion that he will silence his critics. Time will tell.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not ready to give up on DJ just yet. I recently went back & watched a lot of film from last year. Initially, it was to watch Rosen. Even behind a completely futile OL, there were many times when Rosen had a clean pocket & was way off the mark. That can't be said of DJ. Because our passing threat was almost nonexistent, DJ was hit within nanoseconds of taking hand offs. I'm sure the process was just exhausting after a while. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, because there IS doubt. We will know soon enough if DJ is back or not. I have a sneaky suspicion that he will silence his critics. Time will tell.
I hope you are right.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I’m not convinced that Edmonds isn’t equally suited to this offense. Put the double negatives and poor sentence structure together and you have me thinking that DJ may not be in the long range plan.
I’m not sure that Edmonds is better than TJ Logan. I still think Logan has undervalued abilities & someone is going to get a diamond in the rough if he’s ever given sustained time on the field

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
$24,266,844 is what DJ made last year
940 yards in 16 games = 58 yards a game

Get this
He made
$25,815 every yard

Anyone putting any stock in how individual players played last season is looking at this all wrong. Every single player on offense last year had either their worst, or near-worst statistical seasons in their respective careers.

That's not a David Johnson issue, that's a Mike McCoy, Byron Leftwich, and Steve Wilks issue.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose