"He might be the best ever," says Belicheck

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
While he "only" had 80 grabs last season, they were good for 1,411 yards, which was the second-highest season total in his career.

That could be one of the most impressive seasons ever for a WR considering who was throwing him the ball and how inept the Cards run game was for most of the season. Almost 18 yards per catch. :notworthy:

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Fitz comments on Belichick/Brady

Regarding Belichick
"That's what he said?" Fitzgerald asked New England reporters via the Boston Herald. "I mean, it's an honor that he even knows my name, to be honest with you. He's the best coach ever. Look at his record, what he's been able to accomplish over his career. He's an unbelievable football coach."

Comment on Brady
"He's just unbelievable, passer rating, touchdowns-to-interceptions (ratio), the guy does it every single year," Fitzgerald said. "Not to mention he has the most beautiful wife in the world. So he's every man's dream ... er, every woman's dream, I mean.

"I bought a pair of Uggs just to try to be like him."

If only The Cards had the Brady/Belichick combo...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
IMO this is gamesmanship. Belichek isnt one to give bulletin board material. He'll butter opposing players up and then attack them. He did this to us in 2008. IIRC, he made Steve Breaston sound like the 2nd coming of Randy Moss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I just hope Whis addresses the "Belichek is the greatest coach ever" Fitz comment by out-coaching him during the game and that Docket-in-the-pocket addresses the man-love for Brady with a couple of bone-crunching sacks.

If that happens we may be able to beat the spread. :D

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
I just hope Whis addresses the "Belichek is the greatest coach ever" Fitz comment by out-coaching him during the game and that Docket-in-the-pocket addresses the man-love for Brady with a couple of bone-crunching sacks.

If that happens we may be able to beat the spread. :D
Whiz out-coaching Belichick seems practically impossible. Even with a backup qb Belichick owned Whiz ~40-7. They're on completely different levels.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Whiz out-coaching Belichick seems practically impossible. Even with a backup qb Belichick owned Whiz ~40-7. They're on completely different levels.

On the other hand Green Bay owned Whiz 33-7. Where'd that get the Packers?

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

So after the the Pats thump the Cards in the regular season they better watch out for when they meet up in the playoffs!

Jim Hart

Veteran
Reaction score
IMO this is gamesmanship. Belichek isnt one to give bulletin board material. He'll butter opposing players up and then attack them. He did this to us in 2008. IIRC, he made Steve Breaston sound like the 2nd coming of Randy Moss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly what this is.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Welcome newbie. You are using the name of one of the best QB's the Cards ever had. It'll take a lot to live up to that name, but we'll cut you some slack.:D

Jim Hart? He had a career 51.1% completion rate and threw high. No way he was any good.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure I've asked to never be reminded of this game again. I spent lots of cash, took time off from work, drove 500 miles like a mad dog to get to Phx, sat among a bazillion Packer pukes and watched the Cards get their asses handed to them.

Only to then not have time or money to see one of the greatest Cards games ever the next week.

Please have pity on me and never mention this game again.:(

Jim Hart

Veteran
Reaction score
Welcome newbie. You are using the name of one of the best QB's the Cards ever had. It'll take a lot to live up to that name, but we'll cut you some slack.:D

Thank you, and sorry to the rest for not doing a proper introduction. Have visited this board on and off for a while and dig it. My time here is random, and limited. Do know I follow you fellas though, and like most all of the input here.

ASFN is awesome!

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I've asked to never be reminded of this game again. I spent lots of cash, took time off from work, drove 500 miles like a mad dog to get to Phx, sat among a bazillion Packer pukes and watched the Cards get their asses handed to them.

Only to then not have time or money to see one of the greatest Cards games ever the next week.

Please have pity on me and never mention this game again.:(

lol, I was at the 2nd game. Like 10 rows up in the endzone they scored the fumble TD in...

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just hope Whis addresses the "Belichek is the greatest coach ever" Fitz comment

I don't think Larry knows how to say anything even remotely rude. This is Fitz-speak for "Thanks very much. I appreciate your saying that. So, since I'm from Minnesota, I'll give you a compliment as well."

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We sit in the fifth row in that section and were down there patting the players heads.

Such a great memory...
no kidding. Small world. Wish I found this site earlier, woulda grabbed a beer with ya at the game