Have you received these incentives to gamble? (on Cardinals)

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Has anyone taken advantage of these new "freebies" to try to get you to place a bet in Arizona since it just became legal? I have never bet on sports before and not sure if this is worth a shot or even how it works. Any help would be appreciated. I placed it here as I thought others may have placed bets on the Cardinals on these places. If this is in the wrong location, please move. Thanks

Attachments

• gambling.jpeg
    gambling.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 1

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I pre-registered for 5 sites, Caesers, Wynn, MGM, Fan Duel and Draft Kings and received all the offered promos. Sites will have on going promos as well.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I pre-registered for 5 sites, Caesers, Wynn, MGM, Fan Duel and Draft Kings and received all the offered promos. Sites will have on going promos as well.

How many hoops do you have to jump thru to just bet the house credit?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How many hoops do you have to jump thru to just bet the house credit?

Basically none that I can see. They are playing the long game, freebies up front with the hope they get you addictied, and losing over the long run.

I have signed up with Draft Kings and Fan Duel so far, and Draft Kings has an additional promo this week that if either the cards or Vikings score a point you win - max 50 dollar bet to win 50. You get 8 25 dollar free bets for a 1 dollar deposit as well.

I am not doing too well though, lost every non promo bet I have made so far - but so far not losing any money due to the free bets.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is exactly how drug dealers lure new "clients" - quite willing to take a loss up front because they KNOW they're gonna make it back exponentially over the long haul.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Basically none that I can see. They are playing the long game, freebies up front with the hope they get you addictied, and losing over the long run.

I have signed up with Draft Kings and Fan Duel so far, and Draft Kings has an additional promo this week that if either the cards or Vikings score a point you win - max 50 dollar bet to win 50. You get 8 25 dollar free bets for a 1 dollar deposit as well.

I am not doing too well though, lost every non promo bet I have made so far - but so far not losing any money due to the free bets.

Just went full homer with my $100 free credit. Cards by 3 guaranteed.

Attachments

• 292A21BC-1980-4810-AEA1-1CC17469859A.png
    292A21BC-1980-4810-AEA1-1CC17469859A.png
    360.1 KB · Views: 5

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
The thing these sites are hoping for is that you win your first few bets, free or not. The worst thing that happens to most first timers in Vegas is to walk away a winner your first time. I played poker for a living for years and seen it a dozen times, where a novice gets lucky and wins a bunch the first few times and then go on to lose their home, marriage, and finally their life due to gambling.

If you are compulsive in any way, stay away from these sites. Remember, there is no such thing as a free lunch!

I only knew one person in my life who ever won the first time and walked away never to return to give it all back. That was my own father, a combination of fairly smart and really cheap.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Just went full homer with my $100 free credit. Cards by 3 guaranteed.

If it’s a good sign I’m already 1-0 since opening a account this morning by going anti-homer.

Attachments

• 5B73F892-C1B9-44D8-8E06-A2ADC0BC87DC.png
    5B73F892-C1B9-44D8-8E06-A2ADC0BC87DC.png
    369.9 KB · Views: 4

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone taken advantage of these new "freebies" to try to get you to place a bet in Arizona since it just became legal? I have never bet on sports before and not sure if this is worth a shot or even how it works. Any help would be appreciated. I placed it here as I thought others may have placed bets on the Cardinals on these places. If this is in the wrong location, please move. Thanks
I'm up to 800 in my draft kings account and haven't deposited a dime of real money