Have The First Six Games Been A Self-fulfilling Prophecy?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ever since DHop was suspended the narrative from the GM, head coach, QB, and other players, (and even many fans) has been "If we can just make it to 3-3 without DHop we should be fine."

That kind of thinking is contagious and it shows. The entire team - especially the offense - seems to have no sense of urgency. We are a team limping to 3-3. As predicted.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ever since DHop was suspended the narrative from the GM, head coach, QB, and other players, (and even many fans) has been "If we can just make it to 3-3 without DHop we should be fine."
Can you provide a link to Keim, Kingsbury, Murray, or any other player saying anything of the sort?

...dave

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you provide a link to Keim, Kingsbury, Murray, or any other player saying anything of the sort?

...dave
Burns speculates on this briefly at about the 24:00 minute mark.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Holy Crap BIM. I listened to about 30 seconds of that garbage. You can't lend one once of credence to anything those clowns "speculate" (your words) on. I heard Murray honestly say, yes we cant wait to get Hop back, but we have to focus on the players currently on the field.

Does that stuff POSSIBLY go through the heads of the GM, the players, the coaching staff, our QB? POSSIBLY. Every human can think on subjects like that, without actually willing them into reality. Every one of us has doubts and negative thoughts. I havent heard one voice inside the org say anything close to what your speculating on.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't think it is a stretch to believe that many involved with the team feel that the season will really begin once DHop is back. All they talk about is how different they play when he is there. Kliff said, "everyone elevates their play when DHop is on the field."

Shouldn't be so reliant on one player to make things better, IMHO. Especially when that player has now missed nearly a season of his time here (14 games including the Wild Card playoff game) due to injury and suspension.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just don't think it is a stretch to believe that many involved with the team feel that the season will really begin once DHop is back. All they talk about is how different they play when he is there. Kliff said, "everyone elevates their play when DHop is on the field."

Shouldn't be so reliant on one player to make things better, IMHO. Especially when that player has now missed nearly a season of his time here (14 games including the Wild Card playoff game) due to injury and suspension.
They’ve definitely banged that drum on state radio, 98.7. Almost every broadcaster there, including Wolf, the literal team mouthpiece have repeatedly thrown that 3-3 record out there.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s on the HC to even allow this kind of belief! Should have an offensive scheme and be able to field a competent offense minus one freaking WR, just shows KKs complete failure as a HC imo. To be this disfunctional only missing one player is a total joke!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on our record with and without Hopkins, I completely believe it.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if the org itself actually said "we are screwed over one WR" it would be a big problem. I havent seent he org themselves quite say it like that.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This should be an eye opener for Kyler.

We have seen a number of his supposed peers play better than he has with much less over the years. Kyler has to play better. He doesn't really have any excuses.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm really not sure why this is seen as such a negative. Some players are gamechangers and really do make a difference. Being 3-3 considering our home schedule and difficulties, coupled with the softness of the NFC as a whole this year should be seen as some sort of positive, no?

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
"It doesn't matter who we have out there, I have full confidence in our receivers, whoever they may be, that we can go out and win the game"

- Kyler Murray like a week or 2 ago when asked about WR health

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"It doesn't matter who we have out there, I have full confidence in our receivers, whoever they may be, that we can go out and win the game"

- Kyler Murray like a week or 2 ago when asked about WR health
Lol what’s he gonna say, most of these morons can’t catch can’t wait to get Dhop back?

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm really not sure why this is seen as such a negative. Some players are gamechangers and really do make a difference. Being 3-3 considering our home schedule and difficulties, coupled with the softness of the NFC as a whole this year should be seen as some sort of positive, no?

We are 3 and 3? Hopefully, we “will” be. :D

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't really enjoy Dr. Phil type analysis of football players and teams. Got my fill of that "reading between the lines" and "body language" crap from Mitch.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave