Hate to do this but...Nets

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The elephant in the room here that i hate to bring up, is the Nets. I hate to look ahead too but its hard not to in reality.

do you think Suns have shot against Nets? I think the Suns biggest advantage would be home court (long flight) and probably the fact that the entire country outside of a small portion of NY would be rooting for Suns. The only other advantages i can think of would be Ayton and some depth (which wont matter as much at that point). Suns can matchup decently with them with crowder and bridges on KD, cp on kyrie and probably Book/bridges on Harden. Nets defense i assume would be at least average with their big 3 not having to exhaust themselves offensively as they have had to on prior teams.

Give me some hope here gents...

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nash hating to beat his own team in maybe gets to nets nash a little

With paul slicing up nuggets def i feel like suns can hang with anyone

Also isn't suns bench deeper with talent than nets?

Will be epic if suns get that far to have a chance

Long long long way to go still

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I will say this. I think the Suns have the best shot out of everyone of pulling it off. It is going to take a team playing extremely tough defense and consistently executing on the offensive end to beat that Nets team. Out of the remaining teams I think we have the best chance of executing that well enough to win.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will say this. I think the Suns have the best shot out of everyone of pulling it off. It is going to take a team playing extremely tough defense and consistently executing on the offensive end to beat that Nets team. Out of the remaining teams I think we have the best chance of executing that well enough to win.

yup. If anyone can beat a “super team” it’s gonna an actual TEAM that does it. One that plays for each other every moment of every game and knows where and when their players are gonna be on their spots like the back of each other’s hands.

that’s how Dallas AND SA beat the Heatles. They just played exceptional team basketball, both teams greater than the sum of their parts. The Jazz are close to that after playing multiple seasons with each other, but the Clippers sure as hell aren’t and I think the Sixers are pretenders and the Hawks are at least a year away.

don’t worry... even if we DO shock the world, the media won’t give us a lick of credit, instead focusing on how the hell could the Nets lose rather than us pulling off the shocker of all shockers.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup - not counting anything yet - Suns need to win 6 more games before they can worry about who the East Champion will be, but Suns probably are best equipped to take them down.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Assuming we can get that far, I really can't see how we could beat that Nets team. But that doesn't matter. Once the games start, as a diehard Suns fan, I'm just going to scream and yell as if we have a chance and hope we beat the long odds.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I agree. This is one of those scenarios where I don’t think our stars beat their stars but if they can come even close to even (like Ayton/book/Paul within 20pts of kyrie/harden/Durant) our other pieces end up being the differentiators. It would be like both the isiah Thomas and Chauncey billups pistons squads against star-laden teams. Do I think we prevail? Probably not. Do I think we have the best shot? Probably due to our balance and if we are still hot (it’s why I don’t think we want them going 7 bc I don’t want a lull for our guys if Paul is healthy and we are streaking).

all that said, that’s a lot of counting chickens before they’re hatched. Need to take care of business with the nuggets and then whomever we get next, who won’t be a walk in the park either.

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
IF we make it the finals... even if we lose to the Nets it will bode very well for our future prospects of championships and being able to able to attract the right pieces to pair with Booker and Ayton to possibly get multiple rings *fingers crossed*. I don't think that Nets team is not gonna maintain that core more than another year if that anyway

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The elephant in the room here that i hate to bring up, is the Nets. I hate to look ahead too but its hard not to in reality.

do you think Suns have shot against Nets? I think the Suns biggest advantage would be home court (long flight) and probably the fact that the entire country outside of a small portion of NY would be rooting for Suns. The only other advantages i can think of would be Ayton and some depth (which wont matter as much at that point). Suns can matchup decently with them with crowder and bridges on KD, cp on kyrie and probably Book/bridges on Harden. Nets defense i assume would be at least average with their big 3 not having to exhaust themselves offensively as they have had to on prior teams.

Its simple really, all we need to do is score more points than them.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I don't want to think about the Nets just yet. Let's beat Denver first, and then see what we can do about Jazz/ Clippers.

That said, I'll repeat what I said a couple of times- it doesn't matter who they play. If they play their game- crazy, intense defense, and disciplined offense, they can beat anyone. If they half-ass it, they can lose to anyone.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
More 'pure' chemistry on our side. Less on theirs. That's all I got.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More 'pure' chemistry on our side. Less on theirs. That's all I got.

even with that said, their role players are playing pretty good ball too. Doesn’t hurt that all of them are usually WIDE OPEN on every shot.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
even with that said, their role players are playing pretty good ball too. Doesn’t hurt that all of them are usually WIDE OPEN on every shot.
It definitely seems like a series that would absolutely need DA to be playing out of his mind for us to make it a legitimate series...based on their ability for good perimeter shooting. Talking 30-15 throughout.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nets are the favorites IMO. Do the Suns have a chance? It's the NBA so yes. Is it likely assuming we get that far? No IMO. The Nets are not like some of these other supers teams that lacked chemistry. Watch them play. They have chemistry in spades. They don't even have Harden back and looks like they don't need him until he is healthy. If Harden comes back they have too many weapons IMO to beat in a 7 game series.

However, we are not there yet. Still a ton of basketball to go. I am not even going to think about this again until we get there.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nash hating to beat his own team in maybe gets to nets nash a little

With paul slicing up nuggets def i feel like suns can hang with anyone

Also isn't suns bench deeper with talent than nets?

Will be epic if suns get that far to have a chance

Long long long way to go still

I like that idea. Nash throwing games so the Suns win a title. That's probably as likely to happen as us beating them straight up, so ill continue to hope he wants to see the Suns get a title.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think beyond the next game but if the Suns made it to the Finals why wouldn't I think they can win?

They have been been proving people wrong and defying the odds all season. It's all about team basketball with the Suns. Home court advantage is certainly a plus.

The other thing they have going for them is momentum. This can never be underestimated. If the Suns make it to the Finals they are going to have a ton of it going for them. This can take on a life of it's own.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think beyond the next game but if the Suns made it to the Finals why wouldn't I think they can win?

They have been been proving people wrong and defying the odds all season. It's all about team basketball with the Suns. Home court advantage is certainly a plus.

The other thing they have going for them is momentum. This can never be underestimated. If the Suns make it to the Finals they are going to have a ton of it going for them. This can take on a life of it's own.
Well said.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As with the Lakers, it helps to have an opponent that wasn't healthy for most of the season.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So many over confident fans looking ahead way too early. I hope the Suns aren’t doing the same.

I like our chances of advancing another round but as has been mentioned a few times, all we've done is hold serve against Denver.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like our chances of advancing another round but as has been mentioned a few times, all we've done is hold serve against Denver.

It is a lot more than that. 94% of teams that win the first two advance.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Right. I would say just enjoy the ride there to the championship. The road is smooth now but it can get bumpy. I get looking ahead to see if there are pot holes but its something we can’t avoid. Heck it can get bumpy to where we break a tie rod and don’t even make it there but just enjoy it.

I don’t even know where I was getting at. I am just high on our success.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose