Hate to do this but...Nets

95pro

Registered
Reaction score
Embiid is almost literally playing on one leg. With him hurting the 76ers appear vulnerable.

Seriously.

He missed a bunny down near the final seconds, definitely compensating for the knee. With his size i'm not sure if playing on it injured is a good thing long term. Who knows how severe it is.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously.

He missed a bunny down near the final seconds, definitely compensating for the knee. With his size i'm not sure if playing on it injured is a good thing long term. Who knows how severe it is.

Meniscus damage in a knee is never a good thing. Maybe this specific injury will not get worse but it pains me to see him playing on it. He is clearly limited in what he can do.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Seriously.

He normally would have dunked that. It was definitely the knee issue that prevented it.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Meniscus damage in a knee is never a good thing. Maybe this specific injury will not get worse but it pains me to see him playing on it. He is clearly limited in what he can do.
I know what it's like to play with a torn meniscus. Not fun. It wasn't until I had it repaired and went through PT before I could enjoy basketball again.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know what it's like to play with a torn meniscus. Not fun. It wasn't until I had it repaired and went through PT before I could enjoy basketball again.

Some years back I had arthroscopic surgery on one of my knees to remove damaged meniscus. The remaining meniscus is starting to get worn and it can be quite painful. I'm trying to avoid the next step.

Polecat

Free Agent
Reaction score
Some years back I had arthroscopic surgery on one of my knees to remove damaged meniscus. The remaining meniscus is starting to get worn and it can be quite painful. I'm trying to avoid the next step.

Check on getting Synvex injections for the meniscus tears. This is a cartilege injection, I have had surgery on both knees for meniscus tears and these injection worked wonders.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check on getting Synvex injections for the meniscus tears. This is a cartilege injection, I have had surgery on both knees for meniscus tears and these injection worked wonders.

They work for awhile until the meniscus gets worn through. I've done that and it helped. Thanks for the tip.

Now I'm mostly going for cortisone injections.

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pain is all over Embiid’s face. He looks miserable out there.