Hassan Reddick

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cardinals could have created the cap room to sign him before the season started and still be the same or better cap wise right now. It tells me that sk didn't want him back. IMO

They absolutely could have created the cap room to sign him.

But then we wouldn't have several players we have right now. So who do we jettison to make way for him?

And it goes without saying that Keim didn't want him or he would be here, or at least, didn't want to spend that money on that position and have 2 edge guys eating up $30m+ cap space in a down cap year.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cant believe I'm saying this, but I'm glad we get to play the Rams before the Panthers. If we had to play the Panthers early in the year (like the last couple of years) I think we'd lose again.

Playing the division first I think we'd be ready to roll vs. them this time.

Can't believe you're confusing the team that beat the Titans in their house with what the Panthers have faced so far.

Carolina has faced two rookie QBs and an erratic Winston.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Can't believe you're confusing the team that beat the Titans in their house with what the Panthers have faced so far.

Carolina has faced two rookie QBs and an erratic Winston.
Yes, but their defense is still pretty legit (injuries withstanding).

We always have problems with Carolina (and Vikings for that matter).

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
He couldn't not keep Kennard. His 2021 salary was fully guaranteed.
He should have never signed him to that much after he was released from Detroit.

And then there is this:

Immediately after the league year began this past March, Keim was presented with a five-day window that would’ve allowed the organization to get out of Kennard’s inflated contract. Instead, the Cardinals inexplicably stood pat, and now they have to deal with the fact that the defender’s $6.25 million base salary this year is fully guaranteed.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
They absolutely could have created the cap room to sign him.

But then we wouldn't have several players we have right now. So who do we jettison to make way for him?

And it goes without saying that Keim didn't want him or he would be here, or at least, didn't want to spend that money on that position and have 2 edge guys eating up $30m+ cap space in a down cap year.
Not sure how you equate one player cost you several? But there are several players that are inactive on game day so take your choice.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He already has 4.5 sacks after 3 games. I still don't understand why he wasn't a priority to resign.
He DIDN’T want to sign with the Cardinals. It’s that simple. He wanted to play for his college coach. They had talked on a weekly basis from the day we drafted Reddick. As soon as he became HC of the Panthers, the plan was always for him to sign Reddick.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
He should have never signed him to that much after he was released from Detroit.

And then there is this:

I’m not saying it was a good move, but have to keep in mind Reddick and Golden were free agents and Chandler either wanted a new contract or already requested a trade in terms of the 5 day window.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He DIDN’T want to sign with the Cardinals. It’s that simple. He wanted to play for his college coach. They had talked on a weekly basis from the day we drafted Reddick. As soon as he became HC of the Panthers, the plan was always for him to sign Reddick.
You have any source for this claim? Yeah, the college coach theory but had ARZ offered him a multi-year deal above $8M annually you think he would have turned it down?

Keim made a mistake by not attempting to re-sign him which is ironic since he was a Keim draft pick who was coming off a career year. This is why Keim is a garbage GM, he it terrible at long term roster building. He constantly has find replacements for the same positions year after year (CB & WR) and hasn't shown he can do it with the draft.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
The Cardinals could have created the cap room to sign him before the season started and still be the same or better cap wise right now. It tells me that sk didn't want him back. IMO
Quotes from say Hassan was never even contacted by Keim once he left the building. Terrible move!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
You have any source for this claim? Yeah, the college coach theory but had ARZ offered him a multi-year deal above $8M annually you think he would have turned it down?

Keim made a mistake by not attempting to re-sign him which is ironic since he was a Keim draft pick who was coming off a career year. This is why Keim is a garbage GM, he it terrible at long term roster building. He constantly has find replacements for the same positions year after year (CB & WR) and hasn't shown he can do it with the draft.
He reminded Keim he screwed up drafting him out of position. Perhaps there was an I told you so situation.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Take a look at the market for premium pass rushers, and you'll conclude that Hassan would have absolutely turned down an $8M annual offer.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the thing that is on Keim:

Hassan is best suited for where Carolina is playing him: OLB in a 4-3 scheme in base, where a bigger DE covers up O linemen for run downs.

in a 3-4, Hassan was a real liability vs the run -- especially when the offense went 11 personnel and the Cards had 2 DLs on the field.

so he drafted a player HIGH that wasnt a fit for the defense you ran.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
FWIW, Gambo reported a “good source” in the organization told him “there was no interest” in bringing Hassan back. I don’t think the cardinals even tried to match/negotiate any type of offer. Perhaps they looked at his productivity vs golden and made a legit business decision. I do believe reddick is better than golden, but it’s obvious the cardinals were looking for value at that position, especially after investing in Watt (which appears to be a good signing by all accounts).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We're getting 2/3 of the pressure production out of Golden vs Reddick at a third of the price. You can't have all stars at every position.
You’re right. But one of the premier places to have them is in the pass rush.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I’m 100% convinced our coaches are just clueless
No doubt. I have the same feeling about Simmons. If he walks, he will shine with a legit coaching staff that scheme's to his strengths

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose