Hassan Reddick

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It concerns me that some people are saying tag him or pay him $15m. I just don't see him that way at all. I saw a guy that got a bunch of sacks against some really poor tackles and against some really bad QB's who held the ball too long.

To put it into perspective Dennis Gardeck had 7 sacks against the same O lines in 94 snaps. He only played in 10 games and in 8 of those he had 10 or less snaps. It's easily conceivable that had Gardeck played 16 games that he would have had more sacks than Reddick.

In that case, would anyone be saying we should pay Gardeck $15m? I don't think so.
That will be $30 million for two edge rushers if CJ isn't restructured to something lower than $15? Will Gardeck have the same burst coming off ACL surgery when he's totally recovered? I still think Golden was faster before he tore his ACL.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hope he stays.
It's not just the sack total. His closing speed on Russel Wilson . . like a big cat. He did lose contain on some plays as did Golden.
Jones and Reddick bookends should set the tone with Simmons cleaning up the leaks. Baker and Thompson . .
A couple of corners and this defense is nice.
That sounds great but we still have VJ as our DC & he will still find a way to screw it up lol.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That will be $30 million for two edge rushers if CJ isn't restructured to something lower than $15? Will Gardeck have the same burst coming off ACL surgery when he's totally recovered? I still think Golden was faster before he tore his ACL.

You shouldn't expect anything from Gardeck this year.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep. 2 years is usually the time frame for recovery. Would not count on him at all next year.
People are different from each others, genetics different, mindset is different, considering he is a hard worker maybe he will be full ready at mid season

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has a sack in every single game this year including a multiple sack game so far

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope he does well, but he’s not a Cardinal. I really don’t get obsessing over guys who aren’t on the team.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
By the way the Texans are horrible. San Darnold out there looking like Mahomes

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Having him instead of golden and Kennard whom makes his money and we would have had a much better defense
He will lead the nfl in sacks soon

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having him instead of golden and Kennard whom makes his money and we would have had a much better defense
He will lead the nfl in sacks soon
Has Kennard even seen the field yet? Just sitting on that 6 million bucks is still beyond bewildering to me.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Has Kennard even seen the field yet? Just sitting on that 6 million bucks is still beyond bewildering to me.
And even if he didn't have any impact at all didn't take any pay cut like the other big free agent addition last year, Jason Phillips
Both missing multiple games and ineffective when they plays

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or you could of quoted a post about Reddick instead of a post about Darnold. Maybe?
The thread is about Reddick
U said the Texans are terrible, and even Darnold playing at high level, just to underestimate those sacks by Reddick i guess
Reddick making impact in every games, he is one of the best pass rusher in the league

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope he does well, but he’s not a Cardinal. I really don’t get obsessing over guys who aren’t on the team.
That’s pretty ripe coming from the guy that sniffs out any post related to PP and feels he has to chime in and defend him? Who has the obsession with a player that’s not here anymore?

This was hugely debated on this board toward the latter end of the season and into the off season. Keep or not keep and at what cost. An update on the progress so far this season is hardly an obsession or out of line. SMH.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The thread is about Reddick
U said the Texans are terrible, and even Darnold playing at high level, just to underestimate those sacks by Reddick i guess
Reddick making impacts in every games, he is one of the best pass rusher in the league

I’m not taking anything away from Reddick. Are you saying the Texans are not horrible? They just let Darnold go for 300+ and 2 rushing TD.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose