Has the Hall of Fame Inducted too many Players?

Has the Prestige of NFL HoF been weakened by inducting too many players?

• Yes

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The only real concern I have in regards to the HoF is the rules changes.
We get these players today that think they are great.... the media says they’re great... GOAT!!! Just look at the stats!!
But I remember Dan Marino passing for 400 yds wearing two knee braces

I watched Jerry Rice haul in passes with two DB’s in his jersey and a safety coming to take his head off.

Reggie White got his legs chopped out from under him every Sunday and they still couldn’t stop him.

a thousand yard season means nothing anymore... to anyone who pays attention it’s a total failure... these kids are just playing catch out there.
But some guy gets 1400 yds and he’s the best the nfl has to offer?
Most of the recent players to get into the HoF get in due to marketing and hype because if you look at their numbers against the changes that made their positions easier they just ain’t really that impressive

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The only real concern I have in regards to the HoF is the rules changes.
We get these players today that think they are great.... the media says they’re great... GOAT!!! Just look at the stats!!
But I remember Dan Marino passing for 400 yds wearing two knee braces

I watched Jerry Rice haul in passes with two DB’s in his jersey and a safety coming to take his head off.

Reggie White got his legs chopped out from under him every Sunday and they still couldn’t stop him.

a thousand yard season means nothing anymore... to anyone who pays attention it’s a total failure... these kids are just playing catch out there.
But some guy gets 1400 yds and he’s the best the nfl has to offer?
Most of the recent players to get into the HoF get in due to marketing and hype because if you look at their numbers against the changes that made their positions easier they just ain’t really that impressive
Which cloud are you planning at yelling at tomorrow?

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I remember Jerry Rice running a 5-10 slant and going untouched for 80 yards because no team could stop Walsh’s West Coast Offense. They created the YAC stat because of Rice.