Happy Thanksgiving Slate of games thread

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Thank god were not lion fans lol god they are awful poor goff
The Lions are bad in a losing way and not in a pathetic way. Look, they keep the games close but just cannot win which would be easier if they simply got blown out. I was watching the Lions and thought to myself how special it was to have my team with nine wins when you think about how difficult it really is to win in this league... the Cards are doing something exceedingly right, and overall don't ask me what but whatever the mix we are able to win :raccoon:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ole Miss-Mississippi state game is bad too, as most everyone has noted, it was nice seeing the Crowboys lose.

As a side note, I once ate a whole pecan pie in one sitting. I can't go near it now without my gag reflex kicking in. Luckily there's cream cheese stuffed sopapillas with cinnamon. I'll give that a whirl and hit the hay.

I’m going for it with a Costco Pumpkin Pie right now. Halfway there but it’s a long haul from here...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Lions are bad in a losing way and not in a pathetic way. Look, they keep the games close but just cannot win which would be easier if they simply got blown out. I was watching the Lions and thought to myself how special it was to have my team with nine wins when you think about how difficult it really is to win in this league... the Cards are doing something exceedingly right, and overall don't ask me what but whatever the mix we are able to win :raccoon:
A few plays in most their games would make a huge difference.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think yinz have more. We have maybe 13? I can count tomorrow at work off the calendar. But those are federal holidays and no employer really has to follow that.

I know yinz give out way more vacation time on average. Which is only right, giving workers plenty of time off. All statistics and studies point to higher productivity that way.

We only have 8. But most people don't work them with the exception of things like retail and entertainment.

But yes we get more paid holidays. Minimum 28 days (Inc public holidays). And our employment laws are much tougher. Much harder to fire people than in the US.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
We only have 8. But most people don't work them with the exception of things like retail and entertainment.

But yes we get more paid holidays. Minimum 28 days (Inc public holidays). And our employment laws are much tougher. Much harder to fire people than in the US.
8, really? I always got the sense there were loads more, although, to be fair, most of my information comes from watching loads of British TV :D

Yeah, the paid leave thing is huge. I do and always have gotten plenty of time off, but a lot of places offer a week to start, or less. Often people get offered none and just have to work constantly, especially in lower-paying jobs. It just stinks and should be more standardized.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My youngest son’s girlfriend bought him tickets to the upcoming game in Detroit in a few weeks. He’s 0-5 watching the Cardinals live & is scared to death that him being there will jinx the Cardinals & Detroit will get their 1st win. My overall record watching the Cardinals is like 3-23, and Justin’s (cardsfanmd/oldest son) is like 2-15, so the family curse is legit. I’m not even allowed to watch the games on TV anymore. I’m only allowed to tape & watch afterwards. The last game I watched was the Packer game & we know how that worked out.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My youngest son’s girlfriend bought him tickets to the upcoming game in Detroit in a few weeks. He’s 0-5 watching the Cardinals live & is scared to death that him being there will jinx the Cardinals & Detroit will get their 1st win. My overall record watching the Cardinals is like 3-23, and Justin’s (cardsfanmd/oldest son) is like 2-15, so the family curse is legit. I’m not even allowed to watch the games on TV anymore. I’m only allowed to tape & watch afterwards. The last game I watched was the Packer game & we know how that worked out.

You could sit under a ladder wearing a coat made of from 13 black cats that crossed your path, surrounded by smashed mirrors and ravens and the Lions still wouldn't beat us.

(I realize some of these bad luck superstitions may not translate :D)

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It seems like the football gods are really paving the way for Cards to get #1 seed. Better take advantage down the stretch.
A Packers loss and Bucs loss this Sunday would complete the perfect weekend for our #1 seed hopes

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
A Packers loss and Bucs loss this Sunday would complete the perfect weekend for our #1 seed hopes
Colts are really one of only good teams on the Bucs schedule. I think they win out, so they definitely need a loss. Not sure how well we will match on tiebreaker with them.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Man... the Cardinals really have made the best out of Kyler and Hop’s injuries as you could possibly hope for!
Honestly there was no guarantee we would have any better of a record if they had played the last few weeks. Though I do think we may have snagged that Carolina game.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose