Happy Memorial Day everyone

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the one holiday where I am the most thankful and stirs the most emotion in me. I am forever grateful for those that have sacrificed and paid the ultimate price for our country!

Please take a moment today as you enjoy your families on this day and reflect for a moment for those that never came home. In any and all conflicts throughout our history! They are all heroes in my book!

You must be registered for see images attach

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not about veterans (or a long weekend).

Veterans Day celebrates the service of all US military veterans.

Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving.

RIP and thank you.

Remembering on this day: My grandma's brother (Bob Ryan) who died in WWII when his Jeep hit a land mine and my mom's high school boyfriend (Carl Konopa) who lied about his age to get into the service in Vietnam and was killed in a helicopter accident.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
When I was a child I remember putting American flags on graves at a military cemetery. I better understand the meaning today.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Here is a picture from 19 years ago of myself and my son at my DAD's gravesite. He and the other Cub Scouts were putting the American flags at the National Memorial Cemetery near Cave Creek Road and Pinnacle Peak Road. Is this the same cemetery you placed the flags?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture from 19 years ago of myself and my son at my DAD's gravesite. He and the other Cub Scouts were putting the American flags at the National Memorial Cemetery near Cave Creek Road and Pinnacle Peak Road. Is this the same cemetery you placed the flags?

The picture is a treasure. It's something you and your son will always remember.

Actually I was a cub scout as well when I placed American flags at a military cemetery but I lived back East at the time. It was before I moved to Arizona. So many soldiers paid the cost for our freedom.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose