Hamilton Out 4 Weeks - Cooking Injury

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There's no right or wrong way. Think it depends how cooked.

If you go to a chip shop or fast food place they are normally single fried in a deep fat fryer and tend to be floppy.

For me a proper chip is over cooked so crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.

The BEST chips are cooked in the oven in duck fat. Or deep fried in duck fat. They are awesome.
We have a proper chippy here. They do a great job. But the chips are always floppy. Annoys the crap out of me. so theres no right or wrong way, traditionally. Got it. But we ALL know crispy chips are the truth

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have a proper chippy here. They do a great job. But the chips are always floppy. Annoys the crap out of me. so theres no right or wrong way, traditionally. Got it. But we ALL know crispy chips are the truth

To be fair it sounds authentic. Never had a chippy chip that was crispy.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, we're going to start the season on fire lol
A hot dog fire or ribs cooking type fire? Jking lol

Unreal hop bs suspension now this ughhh

Well see how the 2 meh corners cards got do lol

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Plug your brain in Shane. Murray isn’t that stupid to be messing around with hot grease.
So you dont think kyler cooks?

I dont think dude was planning to bathe in boiling oil.
More likely trying to feed his kids or do something nice for his lady.

But yeah...that makes him a **** kinda dude.

Screw him , ruin his career

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yall cant forget good old all american fried taters...

Cut in chunks, fried crispy in a cast iron skillet in about a half inch of oil with some chopped onions and some bacon

Add salt and pepper, maybe a light drizzle of ketchup....

Thats puuuuure mommas love right there!

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So you dont think kyler cooks?

I dont think dude was planning to bathe in boiling oil.
More likely trying to feed his kids or do something nice for his lady.

But yeah...that makes him a **** kinda dude.

Screw him , ruin his career
I’ve cooked my entire life & have not ever been around enough hot oil to burn my feet and hands. And I’ve cooked just about everything and anything. I spent 10 years in the restaurant business and never saw anyone do that.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve cooked my entire life & have not ever been around enough hot oil to burn my feet and hands. And I’ve cooked just about everything and anything. I spent 10 years in the restaurant business and never saw anyone do that.

If you’ve ever made fried chicken or deep fried french fries you’ve been around enough oil to do that much damage…. Lol

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This cant be true. Im a 20 year professional cook, and have owned and operated my own Chinese restaurant for the past 5 years. Any cooking of any value involves enough fat to burn yourself like that. Every. Single. Time. Accidents happen.

Reaction score
Shane & schutd already said it. If the oil ain't hot enough to burn you then you aren't cooking. You are soaking food in tepid oil.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’ve never made knishes before. Could EASILY see that happening if the pan flipped over.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Wait until you have to stop and go on burned feet. Like with almost anything, the last 10% may take awhile. Let’s hope he’s a quick healer.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson