had to start a new thread on pittman quote..deals with his play for bucs.

pinnacle

Reaction score
this deals with his talent and play vs. his off the field issues.. I watched the bucs quite a bit last season - and he was not very good when I watched..except for the super bowl....

quote from sports writer in florida::

"Pittman was a disappointment, an erect running back who lacked vision and instincts. One scout suggested that whenever he saw Pittman run the Mexican Hat Dance tune ran through his head.

Still, Pittman gained 124 yards in Super Bowl XXXVII, and there is no one else who looks like an every-down tailback on the roster. "

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by pinnacle
this deals with his talent and play vs. his off the field issues.. I watched the bucs quite a bit last season - and he was not very good when I watched..except for the super bowl....

quote from sports writer in florida::

"Pittman was a disappointment, an erect running back who lacked vision and instincts. One scout suggested that whenever he saw Pittman run the Mexican Hat Dance tune ran through his head.

Still, Pittman gained 124 yards in Super Bowl XXXVII, and there is no one else who looks like an every-down tailback on the roster. "

It's good to see that others in different cities see exactly what I did in Pittman.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Re: Re: had to start a new thread on pittman quote..deals with his play for bucs.

Originally posted by Krangthebrain
It's good to see that others in different cities see exactly what I did in Pittman.

here is his stat line from 02'. Not impressive by anymeans

per fum
att yds att lg td fum lost

204 718 3.5 21 1 3 2

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: had to start a new thread on pittman quote..deals with his play for bucs.

Originally posted by Crimson Warrior
here is his stat line from 02'. Not impressive by anymeans

per fum
att yds att lg td fum lost

204 718 3.5 21 1 3 2

21 yards was his longest run? Damn, OT John Tait of the Chiefs had a longer run in the season opener in Cleveland.

OP
OP
P

pinnacle

Reaction score
the only thing he improved was cutting down on fumbles... Not mentioned in the stat sheet is the fact that he was constantly dropping passes when I saw him play...I think they started throwing to him way less (or not at all) late in the season..

when we let him walk - I thought it was a good move.. I was sick of him plowing into the backs of the offensive lineman...I thought jones was better..I just got his replacement wrong!

I would think it would be easy for the bucs for find a guy with comparable skills..not sure why they would want to keep him around considering the recent off the field incident (coupled with his marginal play).

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: had to start a new thread on pittman quote..deals with his play for bucs.

Originally posted by Krangthebrain
21 yards was his longest run? Damn, OT John Tait of the Chiefs had a longer run in the season opener in Cleveland.

:lol:

man. that is halarious

Chainthroer

Registered
Reaction score
The Cards should be on the phone with the Bucs to trade Jones for a decent draft pick. He should be worth at least a #3 to the Bucs, given the situation.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cards should be on the phone with the Bucs to trade Jones for a decent draft pick.
They'd probably counter by offering Pittman in exchange for TJ.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose