Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
"Paltrow later clarified that after her split-second panic, she realized that the sudden collision wasn’t sexual in nature."

Then why bring it up? That's just prejudicial. What the jury will remember is that Paltrow thought she was being sexually assaulted.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, you'll never get banned from Twitter with that attitude!

Maybe a 'too soon?' is in order here.

I was banned from Twitter (for calling for the extermination by Tennessee Game and Fish of some invasive species). I guess the "AI" didn't like the word exterminate

How does Orkin still have an account?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I was banned from Twitter (for calling for the extermination by Tennessee Game and Fish of some invasive species).

The first time I read that, I swapped the "by" and "of" and thought, "Damn, he must really have it out for Tennessee Game and Fish! That would be pretty cool, though!"

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
From what I have read, that is what it sounds like to me.

That was my first impression. Now I don't think so after watching some clips of the trial. The one witness, other than Plaintiff and Paltrow testified that Paltrow ran into him. He suffered 4 broken ribs and a brain injury. The injuries are legit and and I am sure his medical bills were ridiculous. But who actually caused the accident is the tricky question.

This seems like an extremely difficult case for the jury. Conflicting version of what happened by two people who appear to genuinely believe in their versions. They are going to bring in a bunch of experts to testify about the collision. This seems way more complicated than reconstructing a car accident.

I am interested in the medical testimony to see if that sheds light on who hit who. In opening statements, Plaintiff's counsel described him being driven into the ground by Paltrow who fell on him. If that's true, the medical testimony should support that view.

Another comment on the attorneys. I really don't know, but my impression is that the Plaintiff hired Utah attorneys that were fine, not real polished, but competent. Paltrow must have hired some big guns who are not sparing any expense to clear her. They even had someone do an animation to depict the location of the parties, etc. So this could turn out to be an OJ Simpson type thing where the prosecutors got schooled.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am interested in the medical testimony to see if that sheds light on who hit who. In opening statements, Plaintiff's counsel described him being driven into the ground by Paltrow who fell on him. If that's true, the medical testimony should support that view.
From her side, it sounds like they are claiming he skied into her from behind, with his skis going in between her legs and his waist at her backside, and when they fell to the ground, she ended up on top of him - which makes sense and would also explain broken ribs, etc. on his part.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From her side, it sounds like they are claiming he skied into her from behind, with his skis going in between her legs and his waist at her backside, and when they fell to the ground, she ended up on top of him - which makes sense and would also explain broken ribs, etc. on his part.
Which would make it likely his fault but a tragedy.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose