Guy is New Rattlers Coach

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I am satisfied with the decision. The Sabercats have had one of the top defensive teams in the league with him as the coordinator. He also did a great job coaching in AFL2. I think this may be the guy to bring the Rattlers back to respectability.

08/10/2007 12:55 PM
You must be registered for see images

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Friday, August 10, 2007

PHOENIX The Arizona Rattlers have reached an agreement with Kevin Guy to become the team’s new Head Coach, the team announced on Friday. Guy has signed a multi-year deal to lead all aspects of the team’s Football Operations Department.

Guy will join the Rattlers after spending two seasons with the San Jose Sabercats as their Defensive Coordinator. Guy helped lead the team to two consecutive Western Division Championships and an eventual ArenaBowl win this past July.

“Kevin’s track record speaks for itself and we couldn’t be more thrilled to have him joining the organization,” said team President Blake Edwards. “His experience, fiery personality and overall knowledge of the game will connect well with players and fans alike. All he knows is winning.”

“I am excited about the opportunity and am very impressed with the ownership and their commitment to winning,” said Guy. “Everything from here on out will be about increasing productivity on and off the field for the Rattlers’ organization. We have a lot of work to do between now and the start of the season. All of my focus will be on that process.”

Prior to joining San Jose , Guy was a head coach at the af2 level for four seasons where he compiled the most coaching victories in the history of the league. Guy amassed 52 career wins, a Sportexe Coach of the Year honor and compiled a .732 winning percentage while leading the Tennessee Valley Vipers (2002-04) and Rio Grande Valley Dorados (2005).

Guy spent 2005 as head coach and director of football operations for the Hidalgo , Texas-based Dorados leading the club to a 10-6 regular season record and a trip to the league's National Conference championship game. The Dorados' last win in 2005, a 65-42 win over Tulsa in the playoffs, lifted Guy to the top of the league's coaching leaders.

Guy’s AFL career began on the playing field as a defensive back with the Minnesota Fighting Pike, New Jersey Red Dogs and Orlando Predators from 1996 to 1999, Guy ended his playing career by helping the Predators advance to ArenaBowl XIII.

Guy will be introduced at a press conference on Thursday, August 16. Specific details regarding time and location will be announced early next week.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose