Guess the movie from the screenshot

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should we set a statute of limitations on images that don't get an answer? Maybe next day or something to that effect...

I would say yes. I reversed image searched it and now know the answer, but that is cheating so I won't post it.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay. I did pick an obscure film. :)

I saw it at a special premiere back when the Scottsdale Civic Center still had a theater (UA 5).

I was a teenager and while nearly everyone crowded around Jon Cryer, I got to hang out and talk with Catherine Mary Stewart. ;)

So, it's easy for me to remember the name of the movie. Dudes.

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

I saw it at a special premiere back when the Scottsdale Civic Center still had a theater (UA 5).

I was a teenager and while nearly everyone crowded around Jon Cryer, I got to hang out and talk with Catherine Mary Stewart. ;)

You should go again--you've stumped the board, so your reward is an extra turn. :)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never heard of it. I guess it is obscure.

I know a lot of obscure movies and I've never heard of it either. OTOH though, I worked ridiculously long hours in the late 80's and Jon Cryer has always bugged me so for all I know it might have won a Best Picture Oscar.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I just read the synopsis. It wast he movie I was thinking of but I never did see it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tag:The Assassination Game. It's not, but it should be. I don't remember the title but it's about an assassination game played at college.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's actually a pretty entertaining movie. I had to look up Edwards to find the title though.

Damn, Steve... I expected more out of you. You're knowledge of random movie stuff has always stood out for me. But just out of curiosity when was the last time you actually watched this? It had been a LOOOOOOOOOONG time for me and I always held it my head as one of those warm fuzzy cheesy classics from childhood but while dealing with my semi-regular insomnia a couple weeks ago, I watched the entire thing from start to finish. I was stunned watching it to realize NOTHING HAPPENS in that movie for like a freaking HOUR. And the end is just one of the most hilariously bad "action" sequences ever.

But Fiorentino is simply SMOKING in the movie... figuratively AND literally. And the title song still rocks the casbah.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, Steve... I expected more out of you. You're knowledge of random movie stuff has always stood out for me. But just out of curiosity when was the last time you actually watched this? It had been a LOOOOOOOOOONG time for me and I always held it my head as one of those warm fuzzy cheesy classics from childhood but while dealing with my semi-regular insomnia a couple weeks ago, I watched the entire thing from start to finish. I was stunned watching it to realize NOTHING HAPPENS in that movie for like a freaking HOUR. And the end is just one of the most hilariously bad "action" sequences ever.

But Fiorentino is simply SMOKING in the movie... figuratively AND literally. And the title song still rocks the casbah.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I channel flipped and caught the last 10 minutes of the movie a couple weeks ago too although I didn't pay attention to the title. It's the first time I've seen it since the 80's and it brought back pleasant memories. And I love Linda F, her voice is right up there with a young Demi Moore. But the best part of the 10 minutes I watched was that it left me with a desire to re-watch The Man With One Red Shoe. And that can't be a bad thing.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I channel flipped and caught the last 10 minutes of the movie a couple weeks ago too although I didn't pay attention to the title. It's the first time I've seen it since the 80's and it brought back pleasant memories. And I love Linda F, her voice is right up there with a young Demi Moore. But the best part of the 10 minutes I watched was that it left me with a desire to re-watch The Man With One Red Shoe. And that can't be a bad thing.

It was on MoviePlex this morning so I watched the entire thing.

The opening sequence, the title song, and Linda F. carry the movie, but there are many other small scenes which make it a little something more special, IMHO. The typical 80's parents that always suspect that drugs are the problem. The band in the van scene. Also, love the scene when Jonathan Moore (Anthony Edwards) crosses over from East Germany. He asks the guard if he is really in West Germany. The guard confirms it, so Moore flips off East Germany and says "F--- You !!" Then, after he walks away, the guard says to himself "Man, I've wanted to do that for the last 6 months." :)

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will be astounded if anyone gets this which is the reason why I picked a screenshot of one of the movie's most recognizable stars. I will give you the year as a hint, 1980:

You must be registered for see images attach

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It was on MoviePlex this morning so I watched the entire thing.

The opening sequence, the title song, and Linda F. carry the movie, but there are many other small scenes which make it a little something more special, IMHO. The typical 80's parents that always suspect that drugs are the problem. The band in the van scene. Also, love the scene when Jonathan Moore (Anthony Edwards) crosses over from East Germany. He asks the guard if he is really in West Germany. The guard confirms it, so Moore flips off East Germany and says "F--- You !!" Then, after he walks away, the guard says to himself "Man, I've wanted to do that for the last 6 months." :)
The scene in Burger King was great too: "I'll take a Whopper, no make that a Double Whopper with American cheese. A large American french fries and a large American chocolate shake. No schnitzel. No sauerkraut." The way he italicized American was hilarious and it may have seemed boorish to the clerk but you could understand where he was coming from by that point.

Incidentally, and here's where my movie geekdom comes into play, the scene you posted was the ending scene of the movie where he comes across the blonde who he splattered paint on with his paintball gun and she blows him off by calling him cornholio or something and he pulls out the tranquilizer gun he used to stop the Russian spy with(which was used to sedate a tiger earlier in the movie) and he shoots her in the ass with it.

Last edited:

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Up the Academy?
You got it! It's such an obscure movie I didn't think anyone would get it. The pic I used was when Liceman saw the turd in the punchbowl(his signature line aside from "Say it again!), Chooch(Ralph Macchio) says, "Have some, sir?"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson