Guess that movie quote

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*******, Steve. That's impressive.

Like I've said, we don't just watch a lot of movies, we re-watch a lot of movies. Here's the new movie quote, an easy one I hope:

I know you think you're the A-number one hotshot. Well, here's the juice - if I take you out, there'll be ten more lawyers to take your place tomorrow. They just won't come on the bus!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Like I've said, we don't just watch a lot of movies, we re-watch a lot of movies. Here's the new movie quote, an easy one I hope:

I know you think you're the A-number one hotshot. Well, here's the juice - if I take you out, there'll be ten more lawyers to take your place tomorrow. They just won't come on the bus!
Absolutely spectacular movie! Spoken by the DA in LA Confidential!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely spectacular movie! Spoken by the DA in LA Confidential!

Actually it's Bud White altering the words used by the DA just a few moments earlier. But, you're right, the movie is spectacular and the answer is correct, so you're up.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think I'd try it with a hard shelled taco, it's a soft shelled kind of thing. With a hard shell, it's just going to fall apart. And then it's time to break out the old spork you keep locked away in the glove compartment for just such an emergency.

That must be one special spork if you have to keep it in a locked glove box.

Though I can see Moreno Valley as being the kind of place where people have to keep their sporks locked up. Spork banditos definitely qualify as bad hombres.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That must be one special spork if you have to keep it in a locked glove box.

Though I can see Moreno Valley as being the kind of place where people have to keep their sporks locked up. Spork banditos definitely qualify as bad hombres.

LOL. Sporks, mail, whatever, it's all up for grabs here. Our community mail box was broken into at least 3 times in a 1 month stretch and that might still be happening although most of us have long given up on the luxury of home delivery mail service.

The entire city is suffering from this same problem, now the lines at the Post Office look like mealtime at a So Cal In-N-Out drive thru. Unfortunately, those long lines don't move at a drive thru pace, think 1970's DMV lines with the same smiling service.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Everybody needs money. That's why they call it money."

Such an interesting line.

I can picture Danny Divito saying this but I don't know the movie at all... Drawing a blank....

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew the quote right away, the problem is I can't remember which movie is which. I watched Heist and The Score around the same time and they have a lot in common, whichever one has Devito in it is the one this quote came from.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I just looked through my DVD collection and Danny Devito is on the cover and he isn't on The Score DVD cover so I know the correct movie is Heist. For me, it was easily the better of the two movies although critics seem to love Edward Norton so I might be alone on that rating.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I just looked through my DVD collection and Danny Devito is on the cover and he isn't on The Score DVD cover so I know the correct movie is Heist. For me, it was easily the better of the two movies although critics seem to love Edward Norton so I might be alone on that rating.

At least you know the movie I only knew the actor.... :/

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least you know the movie I only knew the actor.... :/

Yeah, but I think you were close enough. So when Cheese verifies that's the movie he was looking for, I'd say you're up. Although really, I can't think of another movie using that same line. Now that I think about it though, Devito probably came pretty close to it in a couple of other movies. He was pretty greedy in Other People's Money and Ruthless People.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
That is correct. It is Heist, and it is Danny Devito that said it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I wasn't much a fan of either... but I never understood the ovation The Score got at the end in my theater. I mean, it was so predictable, IMO.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't much a fan of either... but I never understood the ovation The Score got at the end in my theater. I mean, it was so predictable, IMO.

Yeah, it jumped out to me and I didn't even try to guess ahead. I've long since given up on trying to predict what happens,. Most movies are very predictable and it seems to me, when they aren't, it's often because they've intentionally gone in a direction that makes no sense.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Steve you're up if I'm not mistaken :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk