Guardians of the Galaxy

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched it again (third time for me) with my son, his wife and the grand kids. Everyone just loved it. I can't seem to get enough of it! Can't wait for the 2nd installment!!!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh hear lord Noooooooooo!. I can honestly say it would be the first time I automatically skip a movie before it even comes out.

Although I loved Rocket Raccoon as a member of the team, I have to agree with you that a stand only movie for him sounds like a pretty bad idea.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh dear lord Noooooooooo!. I can honestly say it would be the first time I automatically skip a movie before it even comes out.

Although I loved Rocket Raccoon as a member of the team, I have to agree with you that a stand only movie for him sounds like a pretty bad idea.

He was an entertaining character, I could see it working. He would probably have groot with him, out stealing and etc.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I would see a Rocket and Groot movie. I think it would be good if they did it right.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would see a Rocket and Groot movie. I think it would be good if they did it right.

I don't know. It would feel more like a Saturday morning cartoon. To be honest, I have not liked much of what has come out of the Guardians camp as of late. Especially, the comments from the director basically saying, it's a universe separate from Avengers which makes no sense.

No sense from the over arching story perspective and no sense from that Marvel has made it a mission to tightly weave the narrative of it's franchises.

I truly hope they don't screw this up.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I don't know. It would feel more like a Saturday morning cartoon. To be honest, I have not liked much of what has come out of the Guardians camp as of late. Especially, the comments from the director basically saying, it's a universe separate from Avengers which makes no sense.

No sense from the over arching story perspective and no sense from that Marvel has made it a mission to tightly weave the narrative of it's franchises.

I truly hope they don't screw this up.

You've been down on Guardians all along, so this is no surprise. I think a Rocket/Groot movie would be a heck of a lot of fun.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You've been down on Guardians all along, so this is no surprise. I think a Rocket/Groot movie would be a heck of a lot of fun.

Not true. I loved the movie and disliked only two aspects (talking fur ball and boring villain). I have said this is one of the best Marvel movies to date.

I am only concerned about some of the strange comments by it's director that goes against what Marvel is doing. The worst rumor yet might be the one I read today about Lylla. For those that don't know it's a talking Otter. So, we could have both a raccoon and a talking otter in the next one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
talking fur ball

Did Chewbacca or Yoda ruin Star Wars for you? Seriously, I still do not get this complaint.

Guardians (like Star Wars) was full of all sorts of alien races and space battles which you are evidently fine with, but oh my gosh - "A talking raccoon. No way !!" :rolleyes: #makesnosenseatall

I thought Rocket was great. Maybe it is different when you're a comic book geek... :shrug:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did Chewbacca or Yoda ruin Star Wars for you? Seriously, I still do not get this complaint.

Guardians (like Star Wars) was full of all sorts of alien races and space battles which you are evidently fine with, but oh my gosh - "A talking raccoon. No way !!" :rolleyes: #makesnosenseatall

I thought Rocket was great. Maybe it is different when you're a comic book geek... :shrug:

Huge difference between Chewbacca (or other original characters) and earth creatures. They are rumored to bring back Howard the Duck and Lylla too. How is that not ultra campy to have all these walking talking earth animals?

#doctordoolittle.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I found out why like this movie alot! Yes the plot/actors where great, but what really keeps me wanting to watch this over and over is how they place the 70s/80s music in the right spots. I'm a sucker when movies place cool 70s/80s music into scenes. A few parts of the movie reminded me of Heavy Metal as in when Star Lord's ship was flying and they are playing Spirit in the Sky.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found out why like this movie alot! Yes the plot/actors where great, but what really keeps me wanting to watch this over and over is how they place the 70s/80s music in the right spots. I'm a sucker when movies place cool 70s/80s music into scenes. A few parts of the movie reminded me of Heavy Metal as in when Star Lord's ship was flying and they are playing Spirit in the Sky.

:thumbup: ;)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ha...it's funny you said that. My wife thought the movie as just OK. She liked the Avengers and Iron Man better for example. She said though that she loved the music in the movie and it's one of the reasons she would watch it again.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ha...it's funny you said that. My wife thought the movie as just OK. She liked the Avengers and Iron Man better for example. She said though that she loved the music in the movie and it's one of the reasons she would watch it again.

Ha ha, she has good taste in music then. :D

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I just recently watched it. Wow, what a blast. "I am Groot." Classic.

Yup, I completely agree. There have been many films that I ended up likely much more than I typically would have because of the older soundtrack. Donnie Darko and Wet Hot American Summer come to mind, but I know there have been many.

This thread is a great read. Some funny stuff early on.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA