Grizzlies @ Suns Monday game thread 12-27-2021

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
That's on McGee for sure. I'm not arguing that Jalen Smith had a good game, he did. But Mainstreet and other people here are proclaiming that this is normal for him, and it is most certainly NOT.
Meh. Some guys need playing time to show their effectiveness and full potential. Some guys just can't get into any sort of rhythm when they only get to play in very limited minutes. Not saying that is for sure the case with Smith, but it very well could be.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Meh. Some guys need playing time to show their effectiveness and full potential. Some guys just can't get into any sort of rhythm when they only get to play in very limited minutes. Not saying that is for sure the case with Smith, but it very well could be.
Covid notwithstanding, but the Phoenix Suns aren't the team to do that right now.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Didn’t like the pick now or then but it was a mistake not picking up his option even if they thought he wouldn’t contribute on a title team. As you can see he can get some minutes when there’s injuries/Covid stuff and declining his third year hurts his trade value. It was a dumb move unless he’s some type of locker room cancer.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t like the pick now or then but it was a mistake not picking up his option even if they thought he wouldn’t contribute on a title team. As you can see he can get some minutes when there’s injuries/Covid stuff and declining his third year hurts his trade value. It was a dumb move unless he’s some type of locker room cancer.

The same here. I was all in for drafting Haliburton at #10 but I did like Jalen Smith later in the draft.

If the Suns draft a raw player they should be willing to give him time to develop or not draft him and trade the pick.

All indications are that Jalen Smith is very good person.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He speaks for me here. Last night was an outlier not the norm. I mean he banked in a 3 point shot.

He certainly doesn't speak for me especially when misstates my position in his posts.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He certainly doesn't speak for me especially when misstates my position in his posts.
How did I misstate your position? Are you saying you do not support marginal players? You want to sign everyone, no matter how good they are.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did I misstate your position? Are you saying you do not support marginal players? You want to sign everyone, no matter how good they are.

I don't even have to look for your misstatements. You did it above in bold text.

Let's move on.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Morant travels on game winning drive.

Actually he traveled and carried the ball last night on more than one occasion and it wasn't called.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Actually he traveled and carried the ball last night on more than one occasion and it wasn't called.

With Bane, it’s a loose ball. We had 3 guys around the ball I believe. I didn’t see a foul there. Tough L to take, especially with Ja traveling but it’s really easy to blame officiating when you lose. We have to do a better job early in the game. We came out flat and were down 18 at one point.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Bane, it’s a loose ball. We had 3 guys around the ball I believe. I didn’t see a foul there. Tough L to take, especially with Ja traveling but it’s really easy to blame officiating when you lose. We have to do a better job early in the game. We came out flat and were down 18 at one point.

Agree. The game shouldn't be decided on one play.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I knew that wasn’t an airball.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose