Grizzlies @ Suns 4-14-14, 7 PM Arizona

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns play the Grizzlies tonight in Phoenix, a team they have not beaten in three tries even when they were without key players. Basically the Suns have to win the next two games to make the playoffs while the Grizzlies have to lose their next two games. Dragic will reportedly play although I wish the Suns would rest him so he can heal properly from his ankle injury. A part of me wants this season to be over with Dragic hurting.

See more from the Paul Coro article at azcentral dated 4-14-14 at the link below.

Grizzlies (48-32) at Suns (47-33) … 7 p.m. Phoenix tip time

C: Marc Gasol … Miles Plumlee

PF: Zach Randolph … Channing Frye

SF: Tayshaun Prince … P.J. Tucker

SG: Courtney Lee … Goran Dragic

PG: Mike Conley Jr. … Eric Bledsoe

Key Grizzlies injuries: None.

Key Grizzlies reserves: Mike Miller, Ed Davis, Tony Allen, Nick Calathes, Kosta Koufos.

* The Suns' playoff scenario has turned difficult enough now that they have to rely on help from Dallas to win at Memphis on Wednesday but the Suns' own chore of beating Memphis tonight is a dastardly task too.

* Suns point guard Goran Dragic's sprained ankle has less swelling than when he played on it Saturday but it is still a game that Dragic is playing because of its importance rather than his health.

"It's a little bit better but it's still sore," Dragic said. "I'll try to toughen up and try to get that win tonight.

"It's less swollen so it's giving me that extra motion a little bit so I can move better. Even on my jumper, I can jump more. Last game, every jumper was too short."

Dragic made six of 18 shots and played 40 minutes in Saturday's loss at Dallas.

"He's going to play no matter how it feels at this point," Hornacek said. "It's probably about the same. It got a little worse.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...grizzlies-game-preview-orange-slices/7711809/

Last edited:

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
As a fan I hate to admit this, but watching Dallas and Memphis play down the stretch - they are just better teams.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
FYI - DeMarcus Cousins suspended one game for getting his 16th tech of the season so if the Suns win tonight, Weds. game against Sac just got a little easier.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
As a fan I hate to admit this, but watching Dallas and Memphis play down the stretch - they are just better teams.

True (slightly) but they're both old and going nowhere. The Suns are young, with draft picks, cap room and an awesome GM. No way I'd trade our team for either of those.

There's not even a player on either of those teams that I'd want.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI - DeMarcus Cousins suspended one game for getting his 16th tech of the season so if the Suns win tonight, Weds. game against Sac just got a little easier.

Memphis? Yes, Dallas...No.
First Dallas win was very close and they struggled to beat a Suns team with a gimpy Dragic.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
True (slightly) but they're both old and going nowhere. The Suns are young, with draft picks, cap room and an awesome GM. No way I'd trade our team for either of those.

You would not take Gasol over Len and Plumlee?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am so so so so pumped for this game right now!!! go suns. Add to the wonderful day just got a new job today with good pay so now if the suns pull the win what a day!!!

Errntknght

Reaction score
devilalum:

Really, not even Marc Gasol? I think he'd make the Suns a far better team... we'd be in contention with him holding down the middle. He'd also be a good model for Plumlee and Len to learn from.

If we were looking among younger players that might be available I'd give Ed Davis and John Leuer a look from the Griz, too. Heck, if we were trying to find a career backup C, Kosta Koufas might be a good choice (also a Grizzley). A trade of Frye for John Leuer, is something I could get behind - he's not as much of a stretch 4, but he shoots well from behind the arc (.469 in 2.7 attempts/36) and rebounds considerably better. (I have to confess I'm biased against Frye since he totally died in our playoff series against the Lakers in 2010, and now we see him fading down the stretch this year.)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am so so so so pumped for this game right now!!! go suns. Add to the wonderful day just got a new job today with good pay so now if the suns pull the win what a day!!!

Congratulations on the new job!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks mainstreet :) going to be a exciting week!!!! LETS GO SUNS

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dragic is reportedly only 50% tonight. Maybe I'm wrong, but he should not be playing tonight. Sometimes players are more important than winning.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Dragic is reportedly only 50% tonight. Maybe I'm wrong, but he should not be playing tonight. Sometimes players are more important than winning.

I agree. In all fairness, I doubt Dragic would accept not playing tonight.
He does need to take the summer off from the national team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dragic definitely looks more athletic tonight. His movements are much better.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, that was a flop by Dragic.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Memphis deserves to go to the show, we still working on some things and we aren't on the East Coast.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson