Greetings from Austria

Reaction score
I always wanted to visit Zell Am See after seeing it in the final episode of Band of Brothers many years ago. It looked stunning.

Then I found out many years later they cheated and filmed those scenes in Switzerland.

I have never found those places in Switzerland, all places I have ever been have been dull (I have a theory that the Swiss are famous for clocks because they are always wondering if it is time for bed yet). I have been to Austria a couple of times for business and that was much nicer.

I do know a couple of people that holiday regularly in Austria which is not really a common destination for Brits. They swear by the lakes there and say that they can have 30 degrees and sunshine on the lakes beaches then 30 minutes later be skiing.

Similar to Az then. Some days you can water ski in the morning & snow ski in the afternoon. Of course you have to drive a few hours to accomplish it but it can be done. 30 degrees is cold btw unless you mean celsius. :)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Similar to Az then. Some days you can water ski in the morning & snow ski in the afternoon. Of course you have to drive a few hours to accomplish it but it can be done. 30 degrees is cold btw unless you mean celsius. :)

Oh yeah we're set to Celsius over here :)

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Welcome! Your English is waaaaaaaay better than my German. Always nice to have the international perspective especially with our new tight end.

P.S. I love Vienna. Or at least I did when I visited in 1983. Maybe there have some changes since then?!?

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wow, what a...snide way to welcome someone to the board while insulting other posters. But winking makes it better? smh Thanks for the @, @BritCard, I guess?

Welcome to the board, @AustrianCardFan! As you can see, we're like a giant family here lol Also, newbies buy dinner, but I don't want anything but schnitzel with mushroom gravy. Schnitzel for an appetizer, a main dish, and desert. Nothing to drink--the gravy will suffice. Oh, I guess we can throw in some pomme frites to dip in the gravy, too.

Insult others on here? Never happen. :stick::biglaugh:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose