Great post on Reddit: Air Raid 101

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:thumbup:

Thanks for posting this. I learned a lot about the history of the Air Raid offense.

Let's hope a refined version of this will work for us. With only 5 down linemen we will be susceptible to being blitzed heavy. The speed of NFL OLB's is a lot quicker than in college.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
:thumbup:

Thanks for posting this. I learned a lot about the history of the Air Raid offense.

Let's hope a refined version of this will work for us. With only 5 down linemen we will be susceptible to being blitzed heavy. The speed of NFL OLB's is a lot quicker than in college.
Isn’t the idea that the ball is out of the QBs hands before the defense can get to him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
"The same core plays."

KK described his offense as simple, but with the illusion of complexity

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt we will run a pure Air raid system. It will likely be a combo system with the same philosophy of simple but intricate but throw in some two TE sets and other items to account for the pass rush.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I highly doubt we will run a pure Air raid system. It will likely be a combo system with the same philosophy of simple but intricate but throw in some two TE sets and other items to account for the pass rush.
I highly doubt we see much of that with Murray the QB.

Look for the base offense to be 10 personel