Grammys

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Silly and stupid. Alicia Keyes is always nice, as is Aerosmith. Most of the rest was poor, some of it excruciatingly so.....

And if Billie Ellish is the best that the music world has to offer, it's time to shut down the industry. :rolleyes:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Silly and stupid. Alicia Keyes is always nice, as is Aerosmith. Most of the rest was poor, some of it excruciatingly so.....

And if Billie Ellish is the best that the music world has to offer, it's time to shut down the industry. :rolleyes:

You must be registered for see images attach

;)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

ive heard her pop up on the local alternative station a lot and I change it pretty much right away. The songs I have heard have no soul, its just disinterested teenage girl music. her vocals remind me of something my teenager would utter when I asked her if she wants to go somewhere today or something while she was busy on her phone.

as a side note, I am a notorious pop music hater and she won a bunch of pop awards so it all makes sense now.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ive heard her pop up on the local alternative station a lot and I change it pretty much right away. The songs I have heard have no soul, its just disinterested teenage girl music. her vocals remind me of something my teenager would utter when I asked her if she wants to go somewhere today or something while she was busy on her phone.

as a side note, I am a notorious pop music hater and she won a bunch of pop awards so it all makes sense now.

I guess you never listened to Tricky in the 1990s.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, the Trip-Hop musician.

google Pre-Millennium Tension album.
Played portions of songs on my Spotify. Is this because it is similar sounding to Billie ellish?

It sounds almost like NIN if they weren't an angry rock band on one of the songs.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Played portions of songs on my Spotify. Is this because it is similar sounding to Billie ellish?

It sounds almost like NIN if they weren't an angry rock band on one of the songs.

Yeah, that’s the point. It’s a rebirth of that sound.

I thought it might cause you to reconsider the “disinterested teenage girl muttering lyrics” comment.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s the point. It’s a rebirth of that sound.

I thought it might cause you to reconsider the “disinterested teenage girl muttering lyrics” comment.

Eh those songs will always sound like a disinterested teenage girl to me. The utterances sound all too familiar.

It was totally a similar sound though.

In 1996 I was more Pantera, Slayer, Korn and Metallica than whatever that tricky stuff is. To each their own.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are exceptions like Adele but not a lot of new music I enjoy.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
What a $&it show....... And almost 4 hours I think? Wow

the Tyler the Creator performance was great though.