Gotham (FOX)

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
This series has exceeded my expectations. Last night's episode was great. Crazy eyeball scene.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I admit, I was completely wrong. I didn't think this show could be any good without Batman. Plus I didn't think the show could center around Gordan and work.

For whatever reason the show just works. Glad I gave it a shot.

Eating my Wheaties with Crow right now.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I like this show, but the thing I am not a huge fan of is that its like a NCIS type show, with different issues that don't really tie into one thing. Take DareDevil, or Jessica Jones, every episode's issue ties in to the other episodes. Gotham has a new main issue in each episode that has nothing to do with the latest episode's issues, but they throw in something that is tied into one another on the side. Not sure what I am saying is making sense, but I am not a big fan of that type of setup.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I saw this on netflix months ago and have been avoiding it. But a few days ago I decided to give it a go.
I have to say I was surprised. I went into it specifically trying to not know anything about the world or the characters.
I like the darkness, a sort of fifties noir....classic black sedans side by side with modern BMW's.

I found myself recognizing the characters as they appeared anyway... but more in a "That's gonna be" kinda way.... like when that psycho kid Jerome flipped out for a second and grinned at Gordon..."oh, thats gonna be the Joker"

I am nearing the end of season one,...Fish just popped her eyeball out last episode.

I am enjoying this way more than I thought... Kudos to DC for making a good one...I like Flash, but this is head and shoulders above the Legends, lol

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I saw this on netflix months ago and have been avoiding it. But a few days ago I decided to give it a go.
I have to say I was surprised. I went into it specifically trying to not know anything about the world or the characters.
I like the darkness, a sort of fifties noir....classic black sedans side by side with modern BMW's.

I found myself recognizing the characters as they appeared anyway... but more in a "That's gonna be" kinda way.... like when that psycho kid Jerome flipped out for a second and grinned at Gordon..."oh, thats gonna be the Joker"

I am nearing the end of season one,...Fish just popped her eyeball out last episode.

I am enjoying this way more than I thought... Kudos to DC for making a good one...I like Flash, but this is head and shoulders above the Legends, lol
It gets better too.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why should I care if they have ham?

:rimshot:

Ok, this joke still cracks me up. Apparently only me, but that's cool. o_O

Now that this is on Netflix, I think I'll finally try to check this out. I missed the first season thinking it would be awful, but then lots of people started raving about it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave