Goran Dragic Injury

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I'd hate to see us start Green in his place, I'd rather go with Ish. Gerald is by far the better player but Bledsoe is a turnover waiting to happen right now until that hand heals and Green just isn't a ball handler. I'd bet on Goran being ready to play although he might not be the same player. I seem to recall him struggling the last time he played with a sprained ankle but at least he can help us get into our offense.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Hornacek should rest Goran against the Spurs even if he feels like he could go - if anything could get the Spurs to take us lightly it would be the lack of him playing. And by the same token, nothing else would motivate the rest of our guys as much. Heck, it might even lift Frye out of his doldrums.

I like the idea of starting Ish, too, but starting fuels Green and that may be a bigger plus in this case. We can afford to lose this game much more than we can tomorrow's game so I hope that Horny does wear anyone down - spread the minutes around.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
There are two reasons to start Ish at PG over Green at SG. As mentioned, Ish is a far better ball handler than Green and more natural at it than Bledsoe.

And Green's temperament is too fragile to jockey him back and forth between bench and starter. Each one seems to require time for an adjustment on his part.

That being said, I expect that Jeff would start Green over Ish.

Even on a bad ankle, if Goran could pull a Willis Reed, play a few minutes and make a couple of jumpers, it would give Jeff a lot more flexibility in working in Ish.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson