Goodbye Fitz

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO we should be offering Fitz a 5 year deal unlike any we've seen before.

We want him to be part of the organization. Player, Coach, FO, whatever he wants. He should get offered a small percentage of the team. If he plays, have him take Vet min, but increase the percentage of the team.

Not allowed. You can't circumvent the cap.

As long as he's on the 53 all of his income must be tabulated against the cap.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Look, the reason of recent that this team seems so off when Fitz is not playing is not that Fitz is still special removed from his past Hall of Fame accomplishments, it's because we simply lack a competent number two

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I understood years ago Larry and the organization had an agreement on the 11 million yearly contract. He would continue to earn 11 mil (his jersey #) per year until he decides to retire. Notice you never here about a contract negotiation only whether fitz is retiring.

The fans view is production versus cost. Sure it impacts the cap but there is a cost of marketing product.

I hear people talk about reducing this figure but it will not be the threat of releasing him. Besides 11 million is symbolic?

Fitz will not play for another organization.

From an organization standpoint good investment regardless of what fans think...
actually laughing out loud. his pay has nothing to do with his jersey number. Bidwill isnt the best but he doesnt run the organization like a preschooler and give out stupid contracts based on jersey number

Last edited:

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
actually laughing out loud. his pay has nothing to do with his jersey number. Bidwill isnt the best but he doesnt run the organization like a preschooler would and give out stupid contracts based on jersey number

his base salary has been 11 million every year since 2016. I’ll bump this for you when his 2021 contract comes in at the same figure without negotiation.:D

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Everybody loves Larry but it's time for him to retire. I hate to think of the young kids out there that this is what they'll remember him for. IMO he is tarnishing his legacy.

Father time wins again...

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everybody loves Larry but it's time for him to retire. I hate to think of the young kids out there that this is what they'll remember him for. IMO he is tarnishing his legacy.

Father time wins again...
I think our offensive scheme has tarnished his legacy.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
With Fitz and Peterson gone the Cardinals could become a very toxic environment quickly.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
With Fitz and Peterson gone the Cardinals could become a very toxic environment quickly.
I think it can go the opposite way as well. You keep bringing back Fitz as a starter & the youth going be thinking that management is only about selling jerseys. Instead of giving them chance, org is passing them over for 37 year old only interested in passing Jerry's numbers