Good site to read "insider" news on Arizona?

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
Hey everyone.. so while I frequent this board, I also used to frequent goazcats.com (rival boards) to get the latest news on recruitment, etc.

After all hell broke loose over there about a month ago it's now pretty much dead. Anyone have any good sites I can go to that keep up on this stuff??

Bear down.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
Hey everyone.. so while I frequent this board, I also used to frequent goazcats.com (rival boards) to get the latest news on recruitment, etc.

After all hell broke loose over there about a month ago it's now pretty much dead. Anyone have any good sites I can go to that keep up on this stuff??

Bear down.

Most of the GoAZcats community migrated to:

http://forum.prodigaleyelid.com/index.php

It is a temporary home. Register over there today and you can help us vote on the site name and domain.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Anyone know what happened to GoAZcats and why there was a mass exodus?

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
Well, it all boils down to the admin at GoAzCats (likely a now secretive Jim Storey, who was a major player in the Cactus Classic and NCAA violations that went along with it. He was forbidden to be the site owner, but we all think he still is).

Anyway, time and time again the mystery admin there would all but call those on the free boards 'not customers' and 'freeloaders'. They'd try every ploy to get people to pay for 'premium' membership, even through outright deception and lies.

In May they decided that they were going to upgrade the forums. It's take a few days. The boards were down for an extended period, with nary a response from admin. Then a reiteration that the free boards were not really part of their business model and we should all just be happy with what we've got. Their upgrade failed and they reverted to an earlier backup. With no more explanations. So we left.

We decided to keep the community together instead of fragmenting so we started the new board. It's a co-op. Owned by the community. This week we are voting on domain names for the permanent address.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Well, it all boils down to the admin at GoAzCats (likely a now secretive Jim Storey, who was a major player in the Cactus Classic and NCAA violations that went along with it. He was forbidden to be the site owner, but we all think he still is).

Anyway, time and time again the mystery admin there would all but call those on the free boards 'not customers' and 'freeloaders'. They'd try every ploy to get people to pay for 'premium' membership, even through outright deception and lies.

In May they decided that they were going to upgrade the forums. It's take a few days. The boards were down for an extended period, with nary a response from admin. Then a reiteration that the free boards were not really part of their business model and we should all just be happy with what we've got. Their upgrade failed and they reverted to an earlier backup. With no more explanations. So we left.

We decided to keep the community together instead of fragmenting so we started the new board. It's a co-op. Owned by the community. This week we are voting on domain names for the permanent address.

Figures. A couple of years ago, they lost their media credentials for some shady conversations with recruits. I'm sure much of that was pressure from Ace from PGU, who makes it his daily goal to throw all other UofA media outlets under the bus to promote his own site. He comes off as childish.

I usually lurk on Jason Scheer's website (wildcatauthority.com). He seems to be a good neutral party and has pretty good information. On the other hand, his premium site isn't worth the money as usually, he leaks info 2 hours after he posts on the premium board; and often, he'll say things like, "I know why this is happening, but I won't say." Suffice to say, I no longer pay $8/month to hear teasers like that.

OP
OP
Mrh182

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
thanks for the link ozzfloyd -- nice seeing all the rivals people back for the most part in another board, always a great source of info i otherwise dont know

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I understand that people are trying to run a business but I hate sites that charge for premium information and chastise people for supplying information they know to the public for free which most times is more up to date and current. That is why I love this site that allows true fans to share inside information without fear of being banned for ripping off the premium information. I would never subscribe to Rivals or Scout.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave