Good Read.....

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by HookemCards, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest Your My Favorite Mistake

Alot of University of Arizona love in those two articles. Between Eben Britton, Gronko, and the scout saying the program is rising, it makes an alum's heart warm to read that stuff.

:cats:

2. DoTheDew

DoTheDew Registered

Could be, but why would the Saints be interested in McCoy?

3. WildBB

WildBB GL - MG!

I loved this:

There's talk that Saffold could wind up a first rounder to Indy and turn out very well, like Britton.

4. Cardiac

Cardiac Registered User

I didn't really comment on whether it was a Saints scout or not.

It could be a Vikings scout? More likely a team that has a fairly early pick in Rd2 and "goes up and gets him".

5. JeffGollin

JeffGollin Registered User

Saffold seems to have come out of nowhere.

I can see how he could wind up as a Top 6 tackle or Top 6 guard, but it's hard to understand how he could have moved up from "nowhere" to being a "top 10" (BPA) pick if he had come from a major school. (That's an awfully big leap of faith).

It will be interesting to see if the scout's judgment is as good as he sounds. Suggest we all track Saffold and see (a) if he gets drafted in Round One and (regardless of where he's picked) (b) whether the scout is right and the kid goes on to become an O-line fixture in the NFL.

6. Shogun

Shogun Never doubt Mitch. EVER.

I like hearing scouts' thoughts on players mentally. The Ducasse and Eugene Monroe comments were very interesting.

7. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

Did anyone read the draft article in ESPN the Magazine titled You Have Terrible taste In Prospects by Seth Wickersham? I couldn't find it online but it is maybe the best read from that otherwise useless magazine that I have ever seen.

It talks about the role of GM, Head Coach, Scout and owner and how different war rooms contrast from each other. I found it humorous where he said some Raiders scouts have taken to adding tenths of seconds to 40 times to make a particular player less attractive to Al Davis as he will overrule them too often and is enamored with speed.

In another part they rate our war room #9 overall in the NFL (Colts #1 and Raiders #32)