Shipley 58.7
Sweezy 75.6
Murray 61.1

Justin Murray was the only one that was credited with giving up a sack

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, for being on the squad for only a few days, Murray played great IMO. Never really stood out on first watch as doing poorly. Maybe he did, I just didnt notice that much.

Those PFF grades back it up again.

Oh yeah, and Sweezy? What a mountain of a man.

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Anyone else feel like we need to extend DJ Humphries? Sure we need to upgrade the line and he has injury history (praying this year) but can we really expect to replace the entire O-line? Right now we really need a RT and I would prefer if we had 2 new guards also even though Sweezy played really well this game.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else feel like we need to extend DJ Humphries? Sure we need to upgrade the line and he has injury history (praying this year) but can we really expect to replace the entire O-line? Right now we really need a RT and I would prefer if we had 2 new guards also even though Sweezy played really well this game.

I am not crazy about DJ. I admit he gave me a bad impression his rookie year when he would almost race off the field to sit on the golf cart in front of the big fan. I sit directly behind the o line, in row 4 section 110, and he did it every single time. The other guys sat on the bench or stood, but not DJ. I have sat there since the stadium opened and he is the only oline player I have ever seen do that.

HOWEVER, we can't get better by getting rid of, or allowing to leave, guys who are adequate players. So, I am open for him to get extended.

But if he wants top 5 OT money, he isn't that good.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Unfortunately, yes I think we probably do. We don't have multiple 1st rounders so even though I don't think he is ideal, he is OK, and we cant replace all our olineman next off season.

Pugh just sucks. They need to just eat his contract and move on. I am hoping Galiard can be our answer at center. I think Sweezy is just ok - he is athletically limited but he does seem to give 100%.

We need to draft a new T - and maybe move DJ to right tackle eventually. Then I would try and sign the best G available in free agency to replace Pugh.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Damn you Dorian Johnson. and Evan Boehm. and Jonathan Cooper.

Maybe move Cole or Gaillard to Pugh's spot. Somebody has to hit.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not crazy about DJ. I admit he gave me a bad impression his rookie year when he would almost race off the field to sit on the golf cart in front of the big fan. I sit directly behind the o line, in row 4 section 110, and he did it every single time. The other guys sat on the bench or stood, but not DJ. I have sat there since the stadium opened and he is the only oline player I have ever seen do that.

HOWEVER, we can't get better by getting rid of, or allowing to leave, guys who are adequate players. So, I am open for him to get extended.

But if he wants top 5 OT money, he isn't that good.
hes going to get big money from us or someone else. It is very dangerous to let him walk over paying him like most other teams will be willing to pay him.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
hes going to get big money from us or someone else. It is very dangerous to let him walk over paying him like most other teams will be willing to pay him.

You dang right you re-sign DJ and even with a great imagination I doubt him and his agent will ask for top five money, and we are not going to find a better option because seldom does one have a Veldheer scenario where a team lets a adequate OL guy leave... especially a LT

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
PFF grades are out.
Humphries 67.9
Pugh 60
Shipley 58.7
Sweezy 75.6
Murray 61.1

Justin Murray was the only one that was credited with giving up a sack
Who got credit for the other 4 sacks?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
At the moment, DJ is adequate. And that makes him the least of our O Line concerns, presently.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Don't worry about re-signing DJ. ARZ will be picking in Top 5 so they will have a shot at LT Andrew Thomas of UGA who would be a hell of an upgrade.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Don't worry about re-signing DJ. ARZ will be picking in Top 5 so they will have a shot at LT Andrew Thomas of UGA who would be a hell of an upgrade.
A line has two tackles...two.
Best move is to draft Thomas and maybe move dj to right tackle...or put the rook at rt..
Then get a guard in maybe the third round with a dt in the second

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Best move is to draft Thomas and maybe move dj to right tackle...or put the rook at rt..

I've often thought, maybe DJ would flourish at guard in a zone blocking system. He has always graded out as a plus run blocker.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Damn you Dorian Johnson. and Evan Boehm. and Jonathan Cooper.

Maybe move Cole or Gaillard to Pugh's spot. Somebody has to hit.
You forgot:
Korey Cunningham, Will Holden & Cole Toner

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
DJ did not look good at RT in his second year, maybe it would be different if he got moved back.

I've often thought, maybe DJ would flourish at guard in a zone blocking system. He has always graded out as a plus run blocker.
That is an intriguing suggestion. In theory he could be a good pulling G with his mobility.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If you could guarantee me 14 games per year in the regular season for Humphries, I would be absolutely fine with keeping him long term. His issue is more health and dependability than level of play IMO.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave