Golic and Wingo canceled on ESPN.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
OT:

I looked, but didn't see this mentioned on here some where. This is Golic and Wingo's last week on ESPN? Did I hear this correctly?

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
OT:

I looked, but didn't see this mentioned on here some where. This is Golic and Wingo's last week on ESPN? Did I hear this correctly?
Wow! Really? I always liked Golic but I can’t freaking stand Wingo. Douche nicknames himself Trey because he’s Hal Wingo the 3rd. i’ve never seen someone who loves the sound of his voice more than he does. I feel bad for Golic.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This was announced a few weeks back. And, it surprised me, but I know nothing about their ratings. I never watched them, but did listen on the radio when I was in the car.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I personally thought Mike Greenberg sucked. And didn't really like Golic because of it. Never watched the new version.

Give me Wingo, or Van Pelt at ESPN.

I loved Ryen Rusillo when he was there.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally thought Mike Greenberg sucked. And didn't really like Golic because of it. Never watched the new version.

Give me Wingo, or Van Pelt at ESPN.

I loved Ryen Rusillo when he was there.

Greenberg is who is coming back.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
That show was HORRIBLE. Wingo was horrible, Golic's kid was ABRASIVE to listen to, and Golic is average at best.

Literally used to listen to it as background noise while driving to work early in the morning, and became so abrasive I would rather listen to nothing at all.

HORRIBLE. But, so is everything in sporting news these days.

No more highlights, no talking about what happened in the games, no going over the entire league, just eye-rolling hot takes, and extremely ignorant analysis of sports. It is more of a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY bad podcast. Just two guys talking about, literally nothing, with childish sketches thrown in.

The funny thing is they justify this kinda of mindless crapola.

For what it is worth, I think KTAR does a better job of covering sports than most places in the country. I do not know if that is a good or bad thing. When I want to listen to sports radio, I usually put KTAR on......well, AFTER Doug and Wolf.

Good riddance.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
That show was HORRIBLE. Wingo was horrible, Golic's kid was ABRASIVE to listen to, and Golic is average at best.

Literally used to listen to it as background noise while driving to work early in the morning, and became so abrasive I would rather listen to nothing at all.

No more highlights, no talking about what happened in the games, no going over the entire league, just eye-rolling hot takes, and extremely ignorant analysis of sports. It is more of a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY bad podcast. Just two guys talking about, literally nothing, with childish sketches thrown in.

For what it is worth, I think KTAR does a better job of covering sports than most places in the country. I do not know if that is a good or bad thing. When I want to listen to sports radio, I usually put KTAR on......well, AFTER Doug and Wolf.

Good riddance.
Agree. Wingo was terrible but the nepotism that put Golic jr. On the show always bothered me. I mean what credentials did he bring to the show?

Sad thing is, I’m guessing the new show with Keyshawn, Jay Williams, et al, will be much worse.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Good riddance.

Agree 100% with this post. Please don't bring back Mike & Mike! Can't stand either one of them. I'm a Notre Dame fan & still can't stand Golic. Both of them were Cardinal haters during our run to the SB.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Agree 100% with this post. Please don't bring back Mike & Mike! Can't stand either one of them. I'm a Notre Dame fan & still can't stand Golic. Both of them were Cardinal haters during our run to the SB.
I heard it’s gonna be Keyshawn and 2 other people in the AM and Greenberg will have his own show mid morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoelPHX

Space for Sale
Reaction score
I've been feeling old enough lately but I remember Golic here with Bruce Jacobs. For better or more, he and Jacobs were the first real sports radio show I listened to.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave