Golfers - I need help and you can make some money.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update 5/21/2010: We launch the deals portion on Tuesday and will have deals running at least through mid-June (hopefully we'll be placing more). We'll also have ads running on 620 KTAR for the next few weeks.

Deals portion of the site: www.deals.parstars.com

The news and reviews portion still has some buggy areas and some cosmetic issues, but it should be workable by Tuesday (some reviews aren't showing on the right course right now. We have about 50 reviews in the system right now, but only publishing around 15 for launch and will roll the rest out as we go along and add new ones the whole time. The forums and community there are live, so please sign up and talk some golf.

Main site: www.parstars.com

This has been a loooong time coming - I finally decided that I didn't want to get off the pot, so to speak in the French vernacular, so I threw some money and it and let's see what happens. My wife will be running this venture for the most part, and has a deep golf marketing background. And if this one takes off, we have Spas in the hopper.

Please mention to your golfing friends, and thanks to all of you who have sent encouraging PMs over the years.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original post:

As some of you know, we are working (sloooowly) on a golf website. I'm at a position where I need to start generating some reviews of courses and I need help.

I'd like to know if anyone is interested in making a bit of money when you go golfing, that can help offset your fees a little.

We’ll need you to be able to write a good description of your experience and score it across a broad set of areas like how challenging you find it, the value of the course, the amenities, etc.

Depending upon your writing skills and depth of the review you submit, you can make $10 per course you review. It helps you save a bit of money, and our site generate some content. We’ll provide an easy to follow review checklist and guide to help make it easy for you to send us what we need to publish your input on the courses you are playing. Each course will only need to be reviewed once.

Please send any writing samples, your golfing experience level and any questions to us. You can PM me any questions or info.

Also, we are not looking for reviews ONLY in Arizona, but around the country.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As some of you know, we are working (sloooowly) on a golf website. I'm at a position where I need to start generating some reviews of courses and I need help.

I'd like to know if anyone is interested in making a bit of money when you go golfing, that can help offset your fees a little.

We’ll need you to be able to write a good description of your experience and score it across a broad set of areas like how challenging you find it, the value of the course, the amenities, etc.

Depending upon your writing skills and depth of the review you submit, you can make up to $25 per course you review. It helps you save a bit of money, and our site generate some content. We’ll provide an easy to follow review checklist and guide to help make it easy for you to send us what we need to publish your input on the courses you are playing. Each course will only need to be reviewed once.

Please send any writing samples, your golfing experience level and any questions to us. You can PM me any questions or info.

This is great when can I get started?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Depending upon your writing skills and depth of the review you submit, you can make up to $25 per course you review. It helps you save a bit of money, and our site generate some content. We’ll provide an easy to follow review checklist and guide to help make it easy for you to send us what we need to publish your input on the courses you are playing. Each course will only need to be reviewed once.

Donald - I'm interested. Keep me in mind and let me know what I need to do to help.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

I'd love to do this!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This is great when can I get started?

What are you going to do ride around with the beverage cart driver and take notes?

The only thing you know about golf is that its hard to play.

:D

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you going to do ride around with the beverage cart driver and take notes?

The only thing you know about golf is that its hard to play.

:D

:mulli:

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bump

We launch the deals portion on Tuesday and will have deals running at least through mid-June (hopefully we'll be placing more). We'll also have ads running on 620 KTAR for the next few weeks.

Deals portion of the site: www.deals.parstars.com

The news and reviews portion still has some buggy areas and some cosmetic issues, but it should be workable by Tuesday (some reviews aren't showing on the right course right now. We have about 50 reviews in the system right now, but only publishing around 15 for launch and will roll the rest out as we go along and add new ones the whole time. The forums and community there are live, so please sign up and talk some golf.

Main site: www.parstars.com

This has been a loooong time coming - I finally decided that I didn't want to get off the pot, so to speak in the French vernacular, so I threw some money and it and let's see what happens. My wife will be running this venture for the most part, and has a deep golf marketing background. And if this one takes off, we have Spas in the hopper.

Please mention to your golfing friends, and thanks to all of you who have sent encouraging PMs over the years.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Wish I had seen this thread sooner. I play golf atleast once a week for personal and business purposes. I will gladly spread the word for you Donald.

Still need reviews?

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish I had seen this thread sooner. I play golf atleast once a week for personal and business purposes. I will gladly spread the word for you Donald.

Still need reviews?

We will still need reviews, for sure - we've got 50 of the 300 or so in AZ done, but other states are not represented yet.

We found a great guy who did a bunch of them for us for $10 each and we have a very structured format figured out (thanks to LVG who basically came up with the template!) for writing them up.

I appreciate you helping spread the word.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We will still need reviews, for sure - we've got 50 of the 300 or so in AZ done, but other states are not represented yet.

We found a great guy who did a bunch of them for us for $10 each and we have a very structured format figured out (thanks to LVG who basically came up with the template!) for writing them up.

I appreciate you helping spread the word.

As someone who used to plan two different golf tournaments in Jersey, I know a lot of golfers and am sure I can hit up some friends if you need reviews in the PA/NJ/DE area. Just let me know.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As someone who used to plan two different golf tournaments in Jersey, I know a lot of golfers and am sure I can hit up some friends if you need reviews in the PA/NJ/DE area. Just let me know.

Wendy, we'd very much appreciate the help and contacts. And simply the word of mouth is great too.

OP
OP
D-Dogg

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why are you paying for reviews?

Because it makes content acquisition much faster than doing 50 of them myself, and allows us to reach out of Arizona quickly without having to travel. The reviews are very deep and thorough, and aren't simple overview reviews, so they take some time to put together.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Because it makes content acquisition much faster than doing 50 of them myself, and allows us to reach out of Arizona quickly without having to travel. The reviews are very deep and thorough, and aren't simple overview reviews, so they take some time to put together.

Exactly. Far too many golf reviews talk only about pace of play or cost and don't really get into the details of how to play the golf course.

Just got back from Wisconsin. Played Whistling Straits and a local course called Quit Qi Oc. Will try to post reviews this week.

BTW: with all the guys on ASFN who apparently play golf why has it been so hard to put together golf outings? Seems like it would be easy to get a group together once a year on the Saturday before a Cards game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose