Goldschmidt traded to Cards

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
They were really talking up Kelly on the broadcast yesterday.

Coincidence?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wait. Facts not allowed on this forum. Whatever happened, it is on Torey and Hazen. Forget the time period.

I think the trade has ultimately worked out fine. Would be even better if Walker continues to ascend and the pieces they got in return start to produce better as well.

Hazen has done a nice job. I just dislike everything getting thrown on Torey and giving Hazen a free pass.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Not weighting these numbers is a crime against statistics. At a minimum, Goldschmidt’s OPS+ is ten points higher than Walker’s in that span, and the gap is likely to grow for a while.

It’s infuriating that instead of a homegrown potential HoFer, we get to watch Kelly hit the Mendoza line (and Weaver get shelled when he’s not hurt). He certainly wouldn’t come close to making this roster competitive, but I’d rather watch a bad team with Goldschmidt on it than a bad team without Goldschmidt. And before somebody says “but they saved a lot of money,” it was pretty obvious to anybody that’s followed this franchise for a while that they were going to squander that cash on hot garbage.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you'd rather pay another 23 Million for Goldy, for not a lot more production, just because you like him? That's insane.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not what I said, nor do I consider the production difference to be small, nor did the savings materialize into anything useful. They botched this.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday:

Carson Kelly: 2-4, 1 HR, 1 RBI
Andy Young: 1-2. 1 HR, 4 RBI

Luke Weaver last start

7 IP, 1 Hit allowed, 0 ER

Goldy is off to a slow start

Staff online

Forum statistics