Going out on a limb..... Stanton is the QB we have been looking for

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
After reviewing tape and highlights on him I believe that this is finally the guy to replace Warner long term. Great arm, mobile, looks off receivers, team responds to him, and by all reports works his ass off to improve.

BA raved about how much, and how quickly, Stanton improved in the short time that they have worked together.

Maybe I'm drinking the Kool aid but this might be the one

Discuss

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After reviewing tape and highlights on him I believe that this is finally the guy to replace Warner long term. Great arm, mobile, looks off receivers, team responds to him, and by all reports works his ass off to improve.

BA raved about how much, and how quickly, Stanton improved in the short time that they have worked together.

Discuss

I am feeling the same way. I feel way more confident about him than any of the other potential replacements we have had. Plus, BA a seems to know QB's more than Whiz and that puts him over the top to me.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
often the make or break on a young QB is the coach who is working with him......perhaps you are right, would be very cool if it works out that way.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
I am not yet ready to proclaim him the Card's QB of the future, but I do believe that he is the Card's QB for this year. I believe what BA says about him, and he seems to be a self-starter who thrives on good coaching. We seem to have that in spades this year, and hopefully will keep it going for a while. I talked with Mitch earlier today, and he described our new coaching staff as a (Dream Team). I whole-heartedly agree with him on that, and seriously look to see that staff address many of the woes that Whiz and company failed to do for so long a period of time. I do believe that our talent level was better than Whiz's bunch was ever able to get out of them. That was the shameful part of their tenure here. They not only didn't put the players in the best position to make plays, for the most part they failed to make them better players as they went along. Only Horton seemed to get the most out of his roster, and we only had him two years.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Plucked him off the waiver wire in my dynasty league...

...But I finished last year in last place.

OP
OP
Stronso

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Did a quick search of threads with this title..... Found this little nugget: http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/going-out-on-a-limb-26831.html?highlight=limb

Honestly though.... I just don't see an Aaron Rodgers on the horizon. I see more of another version of Josh McCown, Shaun King, or Tim Rattay.

He doesn't have to be a Aaron Rodgers but a good, consistent, high TD to TO ratio type of guy. He's gonna be better than the guys you mentioned

I'm seeing more of a Matt Ryan with a better arm.

OP
OP
Stronso

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
I am not yet ready to proclaim him the Card's QB of the future, but I do believe that he is the Card's QB for this year. I believe what BA says about him, and he seems to be a self-starter who thrives on good coaching. We seem to have that in spades this year, and hopefully will keep it going for a while. I talked with Mitch earlier today, and he described our new coaching staff as a (Dream Team). I whole-heartedly agree with him on that, and seriously look to see that staff address many of the woes that Whiz and company failed to do for so long a period of time. I do believe that our talent level was better than Whiz's bunch was ever able to get out of them. That was the shameful part of their tenure here. They not only didn't put the players in the best position to make plays, for the most part they failed to make them better players as they went along. Only Horton seemed to get the most out of his roster, and we only had him two years.

And that, to me, was the biggest failure of CKW and his tenure. The players did not demonstrably improve year after year. Quite possibly the lack of quality and teaching had ******** their progress. The losing streaks were evidence of that to me

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Discuss

GET ON IT!

Attachments

• DS Baby pic 1 - 2013.jpg
    DS Baby pic 1 - 2013.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 11,136
  • DS Baby pic 2 - 2013.jpg
    DS Baby pic 2 - 2013.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,966
Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Do you see it ?

It is here, right here in this post.......with this text.

Did you see it ?

It is coming.

You asked for it.

:click:

Last edited:

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ugh, eerily similar circumstance going on right here between JTO/Stanton
QB Guru Mike Martz was going bananas about JTO....saying he had a big arm, made the right reads, worked hard, gave the team the best chance to win, maybe the best QB he ever coached.lol

Also Martz groomed JTO in Detroit, before both of them wound up in SF.

Thankfully the JTO experiment blew up in his face.

Hopefully the Stanton/Arians experiment goes much better than Martz/JTO experiment.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
ugh, eerily similar circumstance going on right here between JTO/Stanton
QB Guru Mike Martz was going bananas about JTO....saying he had a big arm, made the right reads, worked hard, gave the team the best chance to win, maybe the best QB he ever coached.lol

Also Martz groomed JTO in Detroit, before both of them wound up in SF.

Thankfully the JTO experiment blew up in his face.

Hopefully the Stanton/Arians experiment goes much better than Martz/JTO experiment.

Welp that jut killed this thread for me lol

In all seriousness though Arians has more credibility with QBs then Mike Martz (Wiz wasnt the only one who was made to look better then they are by Kurt Warner) IMO and even more importantly Stanton provides tremendous value as a guy who knows the system and can lead the entire offseason program.

Im guessing he is our 2010 Tavaris Jackson (For Darrell Bevell and the Seahawks) and then we need to find our Russell Wilson to be contenders. And at the money we signed him at and what he will provide the rest of the offense thats just fine. Anything else is just gravy.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all i can add is

:biglaugh:

CardinalMike

Chickens can't clap!
Reaction score
This is about all I can find as far as film is concerned. I suppose I could get NFL rewind and watch some of his old games in Detroit assuming they are still available to watch.

NFL Rewind has games back to 2009 so you can see all of his 2010 games. Only problem is that they only have the regular view and not the coaches cam for 2010.

Watching the games I will say that the only word Arians didn't use to describe him that I would is inconsistent. Is that coaching? Guess we'll see.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
NFL Rewind has games back to 2009 so you can see all of his 2010 games. Only problem is that they only have the regular view and not the coaches cam for 2010.

Watching the games I will say that the only word Arians didn't use to describe him that I would is inconsistent. Is that coaching? Guess we'll see.
I actually do have rewind, but I forgot that I did. I will go back and watch some of his 2010 stuff. Going by stats he actually looked pretty decent in 2010 and if BA is right about him improving last year than it wouldn't be crazy to think that he might be at least a solid QB for us, but I won't get too optimistic just yet.