Goff was a Bust Too

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If we got Goff in that draft. Had that season, then drafted first the next year..... Would you have been open to other Qbs?

I think I would have been.

Now remember that Rosen was just as bad if not worse.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
If we got Goff in that draft. Had that season, then drafted first the next year..... Would you have been open to other Qbs?

Where did Goff end up last season?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Completely unprecedented. You take 2 QB's with the #1 overall pick in 2 consecutive years?

Goff completely turned it around and has made 2 pro bowls and 1 Super Bowl. You would have been wrong...just like you might be with Rosen.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Crying on a bench somewhere after being exposed for the fraud he is?

So going to 2 ProBowls and 1 Super Bowl makes him a fraud?..

So by that logic Murray didn't lead his team to the National Championship that makes him a fraud and he is sitting in his highchair crying.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
So going to 2 ProBowls and 1 Super Bowl makes him a fraud?..

So by that logic Murray didn't lead his team to the National Championship that makes him a fraud and he is sitting in his highchair crying.
Yeah. Pro bowls are a joke now IMO. All Pros are not.

As far as him playing in a Super Bowl.... He didn't win that NFC championship game. The refs did. He wasn't horrible that day, but certainly not a game winner. He wasn't the "Difference maker".

And against the Cowboys a week earlier he went 15 for 28 and 186 yards passing with no Tds. Their rushing attack won that game.

Hell... Dak freaking Prescott outplayed him in his own damn stadium that day.

Belicheck was happy to see Goff in the Super Bowl. Not scared.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. Pro bowls are a joke now IMO. All Pros are not.

As far as him playing in a Super Bowl.... He didn't win that NFC championship game. The refs did. He wasn't horrible that day, but certainly not a game winner. He wasn't the "Difference maker".

And against the Cowboys a week earlier he went 15 for 28 and 186 yards passing with no Tds. Their rushing attack won that game.

Hell... Dak freaking Prescott outplayed him in his own damn stadium that day.

Belicheck was happy to see Goff in the Super Bowl. Not scared.

Spin Master deluxe aren't you

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Spin Master deluxe aren't you
Sure... I guess.

Goff was an injury replacement for Carson Wentz in his first pro bowl. Not an original selection.

Not sure he was an original selection last year either but I could be wrong about that.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
One of the reasons I've moved on from Bosa is that hes not a super quick twitch guy. Teams can scheme to stop pass rushers like him by getting rid of the ball quick.

Q William's is probably quicker as an interior guy.

Do you think Q.Williams can handle inside in the NFL?I thought he was being considered as a DE by the Cards?Won`t any pass rushers be nullified using that same logic?
IIRC Bosa`s burst was pretty good during the combine testing.He was quick but some where quicker IIRC.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You are probably right. I have deleted my comments and will refrain from voicing that again.

I believe I do about 80% of the moderating on this board at this point. I will just go back to washing the glasses and cleaning up the spills.
All good, I probably overreacted. All angsty from the Golden Knights loss. You're a great poster along with great mod.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love how everyone takes the one outlier who went from terrible to good - Goff, and says that Rosen is also going to be an outlier.

It's possible I suppose - but odds are against it.

Reaction score
I love how everyone takes the one outlier who went from terrible to good - Goff, and says that Rosen is also going to be an outlier.

I suppose the same can be said about Murray with Wilson being the one outlier.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
how about you stop

trying to tell me who to root for.I have been rooting for this team for 50 plus years and I don't need or particularly give a damn what you like.
And I truely dont give a damn about your Murray obsession and challenging EVERYONE who even mentions him. Dont give a damn about your half of century of so-called fandom but going around acting like a damn child picking arguments for anyone who even likes Murray. Taking shots at his manhood and height and namecalling like a child but claim you old. Going around every thread with your anti-Murray bias like its going to change people's minds. Your quotes and arguments will NEVER change my mind about Murray so save it, champ.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I suppose the same can be said about Murray with Wilson being the one outlier.

No it can't.

There have been hundreds of qb's who sucked their first season.

There have been maybe 10 qb's under 6 foot.

Not remotely the same sample sizes.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

It's actually not..... Both are Andy Dalton esque with different coaches and situations. neither are top 5 to 7 QB's and never will be.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
And I truely dont give a damn about your Murray obsession and challenging EVERYONE who even mentions him. Dont give a damn about your half of century of so-called fandom but going around acting like a damn child picking arguments for anyone who even likes Murray. Taking shots at his manhood and height and namecalling like a child but claim you old. Going around every thread with your anti-Murray bias like its going to change people's minds. Your quotes and arguments will NEVER change my mind about Murray so save it, champ.

So I am supposed to give a damn what you think?I don`t.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have always compared him to Aikman (similar size, both out of UCLA).

Aikman was winless in his rookie season. Cowboys kept improving the rest of the team and it worked out for them in the long run.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Do you think Q.Williams can handle inside in the NFL?I thought he was being considered as a DE by the Cards?Won`t any pass rushers be nullified using that same logic?
IIRC Bosa`s burst was pretty good during the combine testing.He was quick but some where quicker IIRC.

3-4 DEs are more like tackles.

Q William's still appears to have a lot of upside and no injury concerns.

Reaction score
No it can't.

There have been hundreds of qb's who sucked their first season.

There have been maybe 10 qb's under 6 foot.

Not remotely the same sample sizes.

I'm talking about undersized QB's. There is one outlier that was good in Wilson.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose