Goff has broken thumb

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Also interesting is that if the cards game is flexed to Sunday night the rams may have already clinched a post season berth if the Bears lose earlier in the day to Green Bay. Might change whether Goff and some others would play.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
If Kliff loses this game, adios

I agree, Back to back losses to division rivals starting 3rd and 2nd string (who has never thrown an NFL pass) QBs when you needed one win to make the playoffs. That should get you fired even though he won't be. If they lose next week its even more clear Kliff doesn't haven't the coaching ability to compete against Shanahan, McVay, and Carroll.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Google says Wolford is the nephew of Will Wolford the former NFL OL. Undrafted rookie who graduated Wake Forest in 2017, last played in the AAF, 14 td's 7 int. Ran for over 600 yards his senior year in college, 4 year player, surprised everyone by winning the Rams backup job he was expected to be the number 3 behind Goff and Brandon Allen. Spent the prior year on their practice squad after throwing for 249 yards 3 TD"s 0 picks in the preseason.

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
Poor Bears, must be cursing their luck. I suppose they were counting on us losing as insurance for when Green Bay shows up to claim the 1-seed. I wonder if their fans know our history against no-name backups.

Rams are safe as long as Packers win.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Also, Vance will be coaching for his job if Goff sits. The 31 to Teddy, 34 to Miami 20 to both New England and SF (with Beathard) and then 26 to hurts. If defense gets beat up by another bad QB, he is probably gone. I understand the offense hasn't stepped up at times, but sometimes your defense has to take over and his has not in some key games.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, Vance will be coaching for his job if Goff sits. The 31 to Teddy, 34 to Miami 20 to both New England and SF (with Beathard) and then 26 to hurts. If defense gets beat up by another bad QB, he is probably gone. I understand the offense hasn't stepped up at times, but sometimes your defense has to take over and his has not in some key games.

No he won't be.

There is just about zero chance he is fired. Just because you want him gone does not mean the Cards org does.

Reactions: PJ1

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I totally agree but sadly do we really think if another backup nobody beats our tail that Blowseph will really get canned? I’m not so sure unfortunately

Ugh

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
No he won't be.

There is just about zero chance he is fired. Just because you want him gone does not mean the Cards org does.
You can't argue with your GM that you don't have the horses of defense which is why your defense is worst in the NFL, then get Campbell, Simmons, Phillips, two DTs and Golden and then struggle to limit offenses with rookie QBs and backups. At some point you have to have a scheme that can shut down bad and inexperienced players.

Do you think Keim likes that Vance is playing Kirkpatrick over Murphy and Campbell over Simmons?

Do you think he likes seeing bad players have career days vs the Arizona defense?

Vance has made it at least a debatable move, but since the team was 6-2, defense has only held 3 teams under 25 pts and one team under 18. We are all very aware of the QBs we faced in that stretch.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I went & watched his play against Notre Dame & we may see a similar offense to ours with many zone reads & play action. The kid is quick & seems to have a lively arm. Wollford might be hard for our overmanned D to defend

If Vance & his crew aren’t prepared to stop him running the ball, we will get embarrassed because we know their defense will give us a tough day.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

It’s no comparison. For one, Beathard has started and won games under the KS system. This kid has never played. Secondly, this kid doesn’t have an elite TE security blanket like Kittle and his RB and line are hanging by a thread. Wilson played great. The Rams will score less than 10 points on offense.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s no comparison. For one, Beathard has started and won games under the KS system. This kid has never played. Secondly, this kid doesn’t have an elite TE security blanket like Kittle and his RB and line are hanging by a thread. Wilson played great. The Rams will score less than 10 points on offense.

let’s make a signature bet there. If the Rams don’t have Goff, I’ll take the over 10, you take the under for points scored.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose