Godless (Netflix)

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody else watch this Western on Netflix? Just finished it last night.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Overall, we enjoyed it a lot, but there were some issues, particularly the grand finale. It's like the writers extracted every cliche moment from every cowboy movie ever made and packed it into a ten minute sequence. The individual confrontation at the end was formulaic and a bit corny. Some dated materials didn't match up (e.g. based upon Frank Griffen's description of the Mountain Meadows Massacre, Frank would have been 37 years old at the most in 1884..... not plausible. Also, Frank mentioned "Burma Shave," which wasn't invented until 1925). They also left a few things dangling, at least a bit, like the Native American and his dog, the killing of Roy's brother and to a lesser extent, the old Native American woman. I think they could have corrected some of this with 9 episodes instead of 7.

4 out of 5 stars, nonetheless.

All IMHO, of course.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Overall, we enjoyed it a lot, but there were some issues, particularly the grand finale. It's like the writers extracted every cliche moment from every cowboy movie ever made and packed it into a ten minute sequence. The individual confrontation at the end was formulaic and a bit corny. Some dated materials didn't match up (e.g. based upon Frank Griffen's description of the Mountain Meadows Massacre, Frank would have been 37 years old at the most in 1884..... not plausible. Also, Frank mentioned "Burma Shave," which wasn't invented until 1925). They also left a few things dangling, at least a bit, like the Native American and his dog, the killing of Roy's brother and to a lesser extent, the old Native American woman. I think they could have corrected some of this with 9 episodes instead of 7.

4 out of 5 stars, nonetheless.

All IMHO, of course.
Wow, spoilers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave