Getting close... what tactic do you think the Cards will use to get their starting QB?

Which Tactic?

• Sign a high profile free agent

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Trade for a veteran QB

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Trade up high (top 5 or so) for a rookie QB

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Sign a mid tier QB, pick a rookie around 15

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Sign/draft multiple mid-low tier QBs to battle for the position

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
For the sake of this poll, go with what you think will happen, not what you hope will happen.

For the sake of my "tiers" (widely flexible), think this roughly:

High Profile FA: Cousins, Brees
Trade for Vet: Foles, Taylor
Trade up High: Giving up multiple first round picks/players for a Darnold/Rosen/Mayfield/Allen
Mid-Tier & Rookie: Bradford/Bridgewater/McCarron, pick within 6 picks of 15 on either side.
Multiple mid-low tiers: Bradford/Bridgewater/McCarron/McCown/Stanton/Glennon, no QB drafted before 2nd round

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
despite the rumors to the contrary I dont think SK trades up...certainly not any further than 10 to the Raiders...it isnt in his DNA...if he trades into the top five it will show how desperate he really is to correct the hole he put us in.

what I "Think" and what I "Hope" are not so far off...

I dont want to trade up to get a QB....I just think we are gonna have to. What I hope...is that somehow Sam Darnold falls to 10 and we snatch him up there...r hell...maybe he slides all the way to 15....... nobody ever thought Leinart would be on the board at 10 either, but he was. Folks can say what they want about that kid but he was a damn fine QB until the engineer got ahold of him......so yeah... I want a good QB to slide to 15... but that aint likely...

I worry we will pick Josh Allen. It doesnt even have anything to do with his accuracy...something about his demeanor just sets off an alarm for me... he has all the tools, he took coaching at the senior bowl and improved right away...and thats a great sign... he just seems mentally frail to me... just a hunch, obviously may be wrong

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No high profile FA ; Not ready to win for the big names to come here. NFC West may be toughest division in NFL next year.

Middle or low profile FA; i.e. Matt Moore, Jay Cutler

Trade up high; If their guy is there when they need to pull the trigger = a must do

2nd 3rd day QB draft; when all else fails in draft trade up grab Falk/White/ Lauletta/Ferguson

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see Steve Keim putting together a BQBA (best qb available) master board - building cost into the rating numbers and then working his way down the list.

Note - BQBA board would merge all QB prospects into a giant master list.

Reaction score
I think it will be mid-tier & a rookie. They will probably make a play for Cousins but I don't think they will get him. I also have a feeling SK surprises everyone & trades up to the top of the draft for Darnold.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think it will be mid-tier & a rookie. They will probably make a play for Cousins but I don't think they will get him. I also have a feeling SK surprises everyone & trades up to the top of the draft for Darnold.

1st bold, I renew my season tickets ASAP. 2nd bold, I absolutely don't renew. Anything normal, I'll take my time to consider.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think they’ll sign Bradford and hope Rosen falls far enough, either to 15 or close enough where a trade isn’t prohibitive, and take him.

If he’s gone, I think they get Mason Rudolph. But not at 15. I think they take BPA at 15 and get Rudolph later.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson