GBN's Latest

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I'd rather have Huff than Bunkley.

Do they really think Leinart is lasting all the way to 7? Are they that high?

OP
OP
C

CARDCORE FAN

Rookie
Reaction score
D-Line

Bunkley, Dockett, and Clancey would be a hardcore rotation at DT. The pressure they could help bring could help a young Watkins at free safety who if I remember right is a top notch athlete.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CARDCORE FAN

Rookie
Reaction score
Yeah that doesnt seem likely NM

Evil Ash said:
I'd rather have Huff than Bunkley.

Do they really think Leinart is lasting all the way to 7? Are they that high?

They might be

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
swap Leinart and Young in the mock and I think that is the way it goes--

Huff, Bunkley, Sims or Cutler to choose from --

seesred

Reaction score
Anything is possable... I' would be surprised if that is the BPA if it comes down to those choises. IMO no way does Young go that early.

GBR

OP
OP
C

CARDCORE FAN

Rookie
Reaction score
Very True

seesred said:
Anything is possable... I' would be surprised if that is the BPA if it comes down to those choises. IMO no way does Young go that early.

GBR
Man I can't wait for draft day. No one really knows whats gonna happen!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Wow, this mock is quite silly, IMO. Leinart is not falling to 7. D'Brick is going #2 to NO, unless they trade out. Buffalo is not taking Ngata, and will either take Bunkley if they go DT, or go a different direction. Silly top 10 predictions, IMO.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, this mock is quite silly, IMO. Leinart is not falling to 7.
Goes to show you. My latest mock has Leinart falling to us at #10.

This is based on the most recent buzz that has:

- Bush going #1.

- Mario Williams going #2 to NO rather than Ferguson. (Correction - I incorrectly stated that Tennessee moved Jamal Brown to LT to replace Gandy - I meant NO). But, anyway - word out of there is that Brown was moved to LT in minicamp and NO planned to keep him there as starter.

- Tennessee is rumored to prefer Vince Young over Leinart despite the Norm Chow relationship with Leinart.

After that, the usual suspects roll off the board - Ferguson, W. Davis, Hawk, Huff, Cutler. This brings us to #9; choose your poison: Ngata, Greenway, Leinart.

My mock has Greenway drafted at #9 with Leinart falling to us.

Question is: "Do we take him?" Or do we draft Ngata? Or Bunkley? Or trade down - Philly is eager to trade up to grab Ngata. Denver might want to package their two picks to move up. Or perhaps there are a couple of teams willing to up the ante for the chance to grab Leinart.

Or - is all the predraft buzz merely eyewash?

Anyone who "thinks they know" don't know nuttin'.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:

- Bush going #1.
- Mario Williams going #2.
- Tennessee (a) moving Jamal Brown to LT to replace Gandy and (b) rumored to prefer Vince Young over Leinart despite the Norm Chow relationship with Leinart.

- Bush will go #1.
- NO already has Grant and Smith, both very good ends.
- Tennessee never had Gandy or Jamal Brown, NO did. NO will take Ferguson to replace Gandy and leave Brown at RT.
- I've heard the opposite; Leinart will go to Tennessee.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I believe it was ESPN radio the other day, but what was said was that Chow wants Lienart, every other coach and scout want Young. As of right now that is. It is a matter of if Chow can do enough lobbying for Lienart before draft time.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:

- Bush going #1.

- Mario Williams going #2 to NO rather than Ferguson. (Correction - I incorrectly stated that Tennessee moved Jamal Brown to LT to replace Gandy - I meant NO). But, anyway - word out of there is that Brown was moved to LT in minicamp and NO planned to keep him there as starter.

- Tennessee is rumored to prefer Vince Young over Leinart despite the Norm Chow relationship with Leinart.

After that, the usual suspects roll off the board - Ferguson, W. Davis, Hawk, Huff, Cutler. This brings us to #9; choose your poison: Ngata, Greenway, Leinart.

My mock has Greenway drafted at #9 with Leinart falling to us.

Question is: "Do we take him?" Or do we draft Ngata? Or Bunkley? Or trade down - Philly is eager to trade up to grab Ngata. Denver might want to package their two picks to move up. Or perhaps there are a couple of teams willing to up the ante for the chance to grab Leinart.

Or - is all the predraft buzz merely eyewash?

Anyone who "thinks they know" don't know nuttin'.
Basicly every mock has Greenway slipping. If Leinart is there, we take him. No doubt. I don't know about Ngata... Could be him, but don't you think Justice is just as possible if the choice is between him and Ngata.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
CARDCORE FAN said:
Bunkley, Dockett, and Clancey would be a hardcore rotation at DT. The pressure they could help bring could help a young Watkins at free safety who if I remember right is a top notch athlete.
No way that we'll take Bunkley. He's the exact same type of DT as Dockett and King. It's Ngata in the 1st or Wright, Wroten, Watkins in the 2nd.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
the most recent buzz that has:

- Bush going #1.I buy that

- Mario Williams going #2 to NO rather than Ferguson. (Correction - I incorrectly stated that Tennessee moved Jamal Brown to LT to replace Gandy - I meant NO). But, anyway - word out of there is that Brown was moved to LT in minicamp and NO planned to keep him there as starter. Uhhh...smokescreen, anyone?

- Tennessee is rumored to prefer Vince Young over Leinart despite the Norm Chow relationship with Leinart. already answered

After that, the usual suspects roll off the board - Ferguson, W. Davis, Hawk, Huff, Cutler. This brings us to #9; choose your poison: Ngata, Greenway, Leinart. I believe somebody else would trade up for Leinart at this point

My mock has Greenway drafted at #9 with Leinart falling to us. Greenway is not going top 10

Anyone who "thinks they know" don't know nuttin'. So true...I'm making a lot of bold statements, as are you, and added up they don't equal the bandwith it takes to house this thread ;)

My takes.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I heard today that Leinart fired his agent and will have to wait a certain period of time before he can select another.

If that is true where are all the articles stating that Leinart is dumb and not worthy of a top 5 selection because he's having problems selecting an agent?

If the report was bogus:

Nevermind.

OP
OP
C

CARDCORE FAN

Rookie
Reaction score
Just a Bunkley jocker

BACH said:
No way that we'll take Bunkley. He's the exact same type of DT as Dockett and King. It's Ngata in the 1st or Wright, Wroten, Watkins in the 2nd.
I agree Ngata is probably a better fit on paper but I think Bunkley will be something special with his overall athletic ability jmho.

Last edited:

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I had heard on the radio that the Titan's preferred Leinart. If I'm wrong please, someone, provide a link so I can get caugt up.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Redrage said:
I had heard on the radio that the Titan's preferred Leinart. If I'm wrong please, someone, provide a link so I can get caugt up.
Norm Chow (Titans' OC) coached Leinart at USC, so everyone is assuming that the Titans prefer Leinart.

The most recent rumors say that the Chow and the QB coach wants Leinart, while Fisher and the front office wants Young.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
but don't you think Justice is just as possible if the choice is between him and Ngata.
Sorry. I just don't think Justice - despite the fact that he played for USC and can really jump high - is necessarily a top 10 guy. But that doesn't mean the Cards don't rate him higher.

Regarding Bunkley - Buried between all the fanfare about his Dockett-like attributes are observations that he is very strong (something 40+ reps), he can play 2-gap (in fact, there was one comment that he might actually be best suited to play 2-gap). And it's not like he's a midget (He weighs 303 - compared to Kolodziej who weighs something like 285 soaking wet). Most important - compare his productivity and motor/effort intangibles against Ngata's or Watson's (i.e. their ceilings are all similar, but Bunkely's floor is much higher).

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
BACH said:

If we get Winston Justice and Claude Wroten I will be pumped. Then give me Omar Jacobs in the third

B-Dogg

Registered
Reaction score
from sportsnation chat with Mel Kiper

Barry (Phoenix)
Mel, I just read your updated Mock Draft. Please say the Cardinals won't really wait until round 4 to address their OL! Is there any chance they reach for Justice in round 1?

MEL KIPER
They could. You can't force things in the draft, however. The o-line in this draft isn't very deep. I have them taking Cutler in the first, Pope in the second round. In the third John Austin, fourth Fred Matua. That's just the way it fell. I did have them addressing the o-line in the draft, just not until later. The key thing is they don't have a pro bowl caliber o-lineman. Winston Justice is a possibility at 10. I have him going at 14 to Philly.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA