Garmin InReach or Spot Gen 3 locator device

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want a good, solid handheld gps device pretty badly. My buddy has an app he uses that works pretty good. He downloads the trails before going on a trip so the phone can load the trail without data. The GPS in his phone seems to always work so then it shows exactly where you are on the downloaded map. It also has a breadcrumbs feature so as we venture off to god knows where while offroading, you are never really lost. its called earthmate

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I want a good, solid handheld gps device pretty badly. My buddy has an app he uses that works pretty good. He downloads the trails before going on a trip so the phone can load the trail without data. The GPS in his phone seems to always work so then it shows exactly where you are on the downloaded map. It also has a breadcrumbs feature so as we venture off to god knows where while offroading, you are never really lost. its called earthmate

That sounds pretty awesome. I'm interested.

The only feedback I have at the moment is that I have a Garmin watch (735xt) and it's amazing. Couldn't imagine life without out. I wouldn't hesitate taking the plunge to the Garmin device you posted because I trust the brand.