Gandhi mock draft

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh...so read his profile. Don't watch with our eyes or use multiple data sources?

How are they not clones? See post above.

How about this profile?

2020 NFL Draft: Why poor combine is concerning for Derrick Brown and other notable prospects

Derrick Brown, DL, Auburn
To start, I need to be clear about my evaluation of Brown's combine. I don't expect his performance in Indianapolis to impact his draft position. He's likely going inside the top 10 overall, and it'd be a shock if he makes it to the second half of the first round. This warning strictly pertains to the amount of long-term success I believe -- and the numbers suggest -- he'll have in the NFL.

Size needs to be factored in with Brown's workout. Among defensive linemen at the combine over the past two decades, his height (6-feet-5) and weight (324 pounds) placed in the 84th and 94th percentile, respectively.

However, all of his measured, on-field work was historically bad. His 8.22 3-cone placed in the third -- yes, third -- percentile among defensive tackles. His vertical? 22nd percentile at the position. His broad jump was a respectable but far from super-impressive 66th percentile. His short shuttle time of 4.79 -- 18th percentile. Ndamukong Suh -- a trendy comparison for the Auburn star -- was light years more athletic than Brown when he tested at the combine in 2010.

You must be registered for see images attach

And Brown's workout basically matches the film. While young -- still not 22 -- Brown wins with sheer force through blocks and tremendous block-shedding laterally to go along with stellar tackling reliability. He's the best run defender in the class, bar none. But, while that makes for fun highlights, it's simply not as valuable in the NFL in 2020 as it was even a decade ago.

He took a step forward using his hands when attacking upfield in 2019, yet outside of a bull rush and a very rare swim, one simply can't say Brown is a refined hand-work master on pass plays. And, now, projecting him to win through a gap simply with his burst and athletic gifts at the NFL level might be a fool's errand.

What that leaves is a large, intimidating defensive tackle with easy-to-see strength and an advancing yet not loaded arsenal of pass-rushing moves with well below-average athleticism for the position. For as disruptive as Brown was during his illustrious career at Auburn, the odds are now firmly against him becoming a star (pass-rusher) in the NFL.

And where do I find the name Jordan, as in Jordan Phillips?

P.S. I'll take my chances with DB at #8.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Name these two players...

First guy is 6-5/326
Second guy is 6-5/329

You must be registered for see images attach

First guy is Derrick Brown and second is Jordan Phillips at combine

I made the comp earlier. I reallllly hope that Brown was either hurt or didn’t care about the combine. His athletic testing is a big red flag. Lots of big dline guys have looked way better on tape—your Dorseys and Jacksons— and crapped out. Athletic testing matters.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Going through MockDraftable:

name this player

6’ 7”
295lbs
40.5in vert
35 reps

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I made the comp earlier. I reallllly hope that Brown was either hurt or didn’t care about the combine. His athletic testing is a big red flag. Lots of big dline guys have looked way better on tape—your Dorseys and Jacksons— and crapped out. Athletic testing matters.
I think I may have posted this (I’m old), if you want an anchor tackle against the run, he’s your man. If you expect him to collapse pockets and pressure QBs, he’s a gamble.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think I may have posted this (I’m old), if you want an anchor tackle against the run, he’s your man. If you expect him to collapse pockets and pressure QBs, he’s a gamble.

Depending on what you mean by “anchor tackle” I think that’s also a gamble. He put up 11 fewer 225reps than Linval (with shorter arms). His strength testing is 2nd rd caliber.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Depending on what you mean by “anchor tackle” I think that’s also a gamble. He put up 11 fewer 225reps than Linval (with shorter arms). His strength testing is 2nd rd caliber.
I put only a little importance on lifting. Lots of guys with big numbers have disappeared through the years. Leverage is far more important. In watching him in several games, he’s just hard to move. That’s what I mean by anchor. Teams have generally run away from him not at him even though running at a good anchor is often the preferred strategy.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pick #131 – offensive weapon Lynn Bowden, Kentucky

I like this pick
Basically he is the offensive version of Isaiah Simmons in this draft
He can play running back, widereceiver and wildcat Qb
A modern offensive weapon
I'm all for it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads