Gameweek : UCLA @ ASU Thread. 10/30/22-11/04/22

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UCLA has over 400 yards rushing. That's the story.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The offense hasn't given up.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, that will be the game with the interception in the end zone.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trenton Bourguet was 38-49 passing for 349 yards with 2 touchdowns and 1 interception at the end of the game.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Yeah, they ran, ran and ran on us. It was like Forrest Gump was running for them. It was frustrating to watch. But we kept coming back. Aguano has these guys playing hard. They don’ give up.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Territorial Cup will be interesting this year. Both teams have decent offenses and probably the two worst defenses in the conference (next to Colorado). Not sure either UA or ASU will have another win other than that game the rest of the year.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Did he say anything about everyone leaving early so that there was no one in the building when we pulled within 6 and could have used some crowd noise in the 4th? The guy on the Arizona Sports radio podcast was ballistic about that.

No disrespect intended to any ASFNer's who left early of course. Its tough especially when you have family members with you and it looks like ASU is getting boatraced.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Heh. None taken

I'm typically a stay until it's over guy, but it is what it is.

That 75 yard TD run pretty much started the exodus.

I had the kids at the NASCAR race the night before and my wife went to the Seahawks game yesterday.

It was AZ chilly, metal bleachers and little resistance

The length of games is tough as well - when we left it was 10:50 ish. That was over 3 hours of game time and 4 hours in the stadium.

I was able to leave the stadium, get to parking across rural on Rio Salado, get on the 202 at McClintock and still make it home too the west side by Luke AFB before the final whistle

Again, I'm typically one to stick around. I think my one friend who is an alumn also would have.
However, my wife has back issues and was fine with bleachers, his wife wasn't getting good from the start and all kids were fading fast - so I deferred to the group

With my mindset and someone who has gone to a lot of events solo, I was always in that "don't get it" boat

Now I'm old and I understand that you got to keep the hooks in

I think they did a good job getting the energy up to start, the interception built that further - but getting held to 3 and then having their offense just move at will seemed to confirm reality

I'm not sure what it is like there typically, but it was pretty quiet when ASU was defending early - could just be the expectations of the game/season

AZ Native

Reaction score
Did he say anything about everyone leaving early so that there was no one in the building when we pulled within 6 and could have used some crowd noise in the 4th? The guy on the Arizona Sports radio podcast was ballistic about that.

No disrespect intended to any ASFNer's who left early of course. Its tough especially when you have family members with you and it looks like ASU is getting boatraced.
Everyone? We stayed. Been going to Sun Devil football games for 68 years. Never left early.

AZ Native

Reaction score
Good for you. Sounds like you were in the minority, the dude on the radio was freaking out about it.
Minority? Yes. But even though the remaining ASU fans were outnumbered by the Bruins fans who stayed, we were very loud. If others had stayed it would have been thunderous and sent a message to the team that we are there for them. Too bad, they all decided to leave. It ain't over til it's over.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Minority? Yes. But even though the remaining ASU fans were outnumbered by the Bruins fans who stayed, we were very loud. If others had stayed it would have been thunderous and sent a message to the team that we are there for them. Too bad, they all decided to leave. It ain't over til it's over.

Yep. Looking forward to when the program gets back to where it should be and packs the house for the duration.

AZ Native

Reaction score
So the fair weather fans will go and stay for the game? They will be the hottest ticket in town then. They need our support now.