Game thoughts

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score
after the 3rd down field goal I saw Kyler's saying, "effing BS" and a few other F bombs to Deandre Hopkins who was sitting next to him on the bench. Dhop got up and walked over to Kliff and told him a few things in a calm manner.

I think this is what Kyler and Kliff were going over at the end of the game. Interesting bit, after they bumped fists, Kyler rolled his eyes and used his hands for like a "WTF" gesture... not great but at least they aren't screaming at each other
You are over exaggerating this by a ways. Searching for something that isn’t there. Normal sideline stuff on nfl field.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You are over exaggerating this by a ways. Searching for something that isn’t there. Normal sideline stuff on nfl field.
Im not exaggerating it. I agree its not a big deal and normal sideline stuff but it did happen how I'm portraying it. Anyone that recorded the game is welcome to go look for themselves

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Im not exaggerating it. I agree its not a big deal and normal sideline stuff but it did happen how I'm portraying it. Anyone that recorded the game is welcome to go look for themselves
Kyler might not like it, but it was the right call.

We didn't need a TD we already lead by 9 points taking 3 extra points makes it a 2 TD game, making a TD it stays a 2 TD + 2 times 2point conv game. I don't know how often guys in the NFL especially get the math of games wrong, but this call was 100% the right move.

Get the FG in sure range with no time outs when you only have 9 seconds. Going from a TD+FG lead to a 2 TD lead upgrades your win percantage even with a bad D. With how our D played it might have put our win percentage up to around 90% or so. Not getting a FG there with momentum and them the ball to score a TD would have been a bad call.

So from a game manager stand point this was exactly what you want to see, good sound decision to get the FG.

And you have to understand, KM got hit twice on that posession. He run akwardly and he had to leave to get checked for a concussion earlier in that game and our O-line wasn't good in that half. Yes maybe we get a TD, maybe we get sacked, maybe it is run, maybe KM throws it out of bounds after 4 seconds. But if someone comes in his face because Josh Jones screws it up or they try a jailbreak you might get no points. And all of that screams, go for 3 and get fresh after the half and start good in the second half. What they did.

Yes Kyler might not like that typ of decisions, neither did Brady. But they are QB and not the HC, they should want to win it and get everything out of it. BB and KK have to be the guy that says how they maximize the win percantage to give the team the highest possibility to win.

And no that isn't going for it on 4th down against the Cardiac Cards. Because good analytics would tell you so many stops on 4th down arn't pure luck.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

I have the game DVR'ed. At what point did it occur please Zeem Freeze. I remember the K2/K1 conversation and fist bump.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I have the game DVR'ed. At what point did it occur please Zeem Freeze. I remember the K2/K1 conversation and fist bump.
the F bombs to Hopkins was right after the field goal... the K2/K1 conversation and fist bump was right at the end of the game. watch Kyler as Kliff walks away

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson