Game of Thrones (prequel series)(HBO)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Game of Thrones prequel pilot greenlit at HBO

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/9...uel-pilot-greenlit-at-hbo#aWG78IchBxG9qlVl.99

As cast and crew continue wrapping up production on the final season of Game of Thrones, HBO has announced that the Game of Thrones prequel pilot from author and co-executive producer George R.R. Martin and writer Jane Goldman (Kick-Ass, Kingsman) has been greenlit by the network!

The big-budgeted spinoff is created by Goldman and Martin and written by Goldman based on a story by her and Martin, the untitled pilot takes the prequel concept to a new level as it is set thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones. The series chronicles the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. And only one thing is for sure: from the horrifying secrets of Westeros’ history to the true origin of the white walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend… it’s not the story we think we know.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Meh. Not worth getting HBO for (don't have it, currently).

More importantly, STOP DISTRACTING YOURSELF AND FINISH YOUR ********* BOOKS, GEORGE! I can't count the number of books he's edited/co-written, and this will be the THIRD other show just recently he's a huge creative contributor to. Now, as an artist myself, I have somewhat defended him in the past--the whole "you can't force an artist to work on a timeline" thing--but he's actively jacking people around just to make money now. He's taking the fame he gained from the books and is just using it to make money now. I actively doubt he'll finish the NEXT book, let alone the series. My respect for Martin is gone--stop doing everything but your book series, dude. Stop going to the bank to cash extra checks and dance with the one who brung ya.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

More importantly, STOP DISTRACTING YOURSELF AND FINISH YOUR ********* BOOKS, GEORGE! I can't count the number of books he's edited/co-written, and this will be the THIRD other show just recently he's a huge creative contributor to. Now, as an artist myself, I have somewhat defended him in the past--the whole "you can't force an artist to work on a timeline" thing--but he's actively jacking people around just to make money now. He's taking the fame he gained from the books and is just using it to make money now. I actively doubt he'll finish the NEXT book, let alone the series. My respect for Martin is gone--stop doing everything but your book series, dude. Stop going to the bank to cash extra checks and dance with the one who brung ya.
yep...he is pulling the same poo jordan did...forking sellout...chasing the dime.

quite likely he will die off before he is finished just like jordan did too.

these two ******** are why I no longer buy new books until a series is finished.

I find nothing but contempt for a man who will put his lifes work, his "masterpiece" on hold to chase the money.
sadly, as a fan... I have to just hope and pray the fat bastard lives long enough to get it done...otherwise we just have to wait for some nobody to step in and finish his vision like we did with WoT

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

What’s the second show?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

LOL

Read this and then saw this:

George R.R. Martin Says The Winds Of Winter Is Still His Top Priority

https://lrmonline.com/news/george-r-r-martin-says-the-winds-of-winter-is-still-his-top-priority/

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media