Game of Thrones (HBO)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The entire Arya Stark story went from being the most interesting to "get it over with already" part of GOT. The rest of the show has been fantastic. The problem is that it's just treading water. I don't for one second believe that even if she completes her training and serves the "many faced god" that she won't break off from them at some point to avenge her family.

They should just get on with that part of the story already. Because the rest seems to be moving along nicely. I so want Jon Snow and Sansa Stark to get some payback.

Is it Sunday yet?

I think Arya is....

Very close to leaving the House of Black and White. Recall, that she left "Needle" in a wall near the front and I'd imagine that that part was telling about what the ending of her "training" would look like. The play about her father's death and her reaction indicates that she cannot completely separate herself from her Stark lineage. In addition, Jaqen H'Ghar is indirectly questioning her devotion to the Many Faced God.

It's a frustrating plot in the series, but I think it's going to play a huge role on the entire story moving forward.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The entire Arya Stark story went from being the most interesting to "get it over with already" part of GOT. The rest of the show has been fantastic. The problem is that it's just treading water. I don't for one second believe that even if she completes her training and serves the "many faced god" that she won't break off from them at some point to avenge her family.

They should just get on with that part of the story already. Because the rest seems to be moving along nicely. I so want Jon Snow and Sansa Stark to get some payback.

Is it Sunday yet?

A story arc has no end.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think Arya is....

Very close to leaving the House of Black and White. Recall, that she left "Needle" in a wall near the front and I'd imagine that that part was telling about what the ending of her "training" would look like. The play about her father's death and her reaction indicates that she cannot completely separate herself from her Stark lineage. In addition, Jaqen H'Ghar is indirectly questioning her devotion to the Many Faced God.

It's a frustrating plot in the series, but I think it's going to play a huge role on the entire story moving forward.

To be fair, Jaqen H'Ghar questions her faith in every episode. And the answers are always the same.

TJ

Reaction score
To be fair, Jaqen H'Ghar questions her faith in every episode. And the answers are always the same.

Agree but I think watching that play was a reminder that her faith is in question and I'd imagine she's going to start feeling like she's going nowhere training in this cult.

i think the Waif makes it onto her list

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
This season is great.

The only problem I have is that the season only lasts 10x1hour episodes and they have so many different plots that advance all at the same time that we don't see enough of each.
- Kings Landing (Jamie (with Brienne travelling to Riverrun maybe his book plot will pick up more), High Sparrow etc) - ongoing
- Ironborn (Theon+Sis, Uncle) migh have concluded for this season
- Snow+Sansa - ongoing
- Brienne plot
- Arya - ongoing
- Bran - I doubt they stop the plot for this season with the last episode
- Dragon Queen - I doubt they stop the plot for this season with the last episode
- Mereen - ongoing

I am assuming that we will get a little progression for Samwell Tarly still this season.

I assume that we at least won't see Dorne anymore this season or Yorah. Dorne's book plot was cut off anyway.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Agree but I think watching that play was a reminder that her faith is in question and I'd imagine she's going to start feeling like she's going nowhere training in this cult.

Oh, I actually do agree that the play was a major turning point for her. As for the list, I'm doubting she remembers who is on it anymore. The audience sure doesn't. :)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This season is great.

The only problem I have is that the season only lasts 10x1hour episodes and they have so many different plots that advance all at the same time that we don't see enough of each.
- Kings Landing (Jamie (with Brienne travelling to Riverrun maybe his book plot will pick up more), High Sparrow etc) - ongoing
- Ironborn (Theon+Sis, Uncle) migh have concluded for this season
- Snow+Sansa - ongoing
- Brienne plot
- Arya - ongoing
- Bran - I doubt they stop the plot for this season with the last episode
- Dragon Queen - I doubt they stop the plot for this season with the last episode
- Mereen - ongoing

I am assuming that we will get a little progression for Samwell Tarly still this season.

I assume that we at least won't see Dorne anymore this season or Yorah. Dorne's book plot was cut off anyway.

If Dorne is absent from the rest of the season, the writers should be strung up by typewriter ribbon and be flogged with ethernet cords. Bad writing is one thing, but that would be soap-opera bad. Actually, strike that statement, as it's an insult to soap operas.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Dorne is absent from the rest of the season, the writers should be strung up by typewriter ribbon and be flogged with ethernet cords. Bad writing is one thing, but that would be soap-opera bad. Actually, strike that statement, as it's an insult to soap operas.

Not only that but that would be weird. I believe I read the latest chapter written is focused on Dorne and some other characters killed off on the show.

Stout

Reaction score
Oh, I've seen a fan theory going making the rounds recently. I'll put it in spoilers below. Sadly, I can see W+B going this route, though I think it'd be idiotic and I would turn the TV off the moment it happened. Thankfully, I doubt very much it's true. Surely they can't be THAT daft.

Some fans seem to think Sansa is pregnant through rape by Ramsay.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, I've seen a fan theory going making the rounds recently. I'll put it in spoilers below. Sadly, I can see W+B going this route, though I think it'd be idiotic and I would turn the TV off the moment it happened. Thankfully, I doubt very much it's true. Surely they can't be THAT daft.

Some fans seem to think Sansa is pregnant through rape by Ramsay.

Seems it would just be weird to abandon the Dorne side of the story when it appears the latest chapter from Winds of Winter is told entirely from the point of view of Princess Arianne Martell. It seems that Dorne is very much a huge part of the story as the new chapter has her right in the middle of the struggle for the Iron Throne of Westeros.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Seems it would just be weird to abandon the Dorne side of the story when it appears the latest chapter from Winds of Winter is it’s told entirely from the point of view of Princess Arianne Martell. It seems that Dorne is very much a huge part of the story as the new chapter has her right in the middle of the struggle for the Iron Throne of Westeros.

Or maybe the showrunners have seen all the complaints about how awful the Dorne stuff is and they decided to scrap it altogether.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or maybe the showrunners have seen all the complaints about how awful the Dorne stuff is and they decided to scrap it altogether.

It's plausible. I have to admit I wouldn't miss this part of the story but it would turn into a huge deviation from the books if this becomes George RR. Martin's main focus for a big chunk of the book.

I know many fans are still upset they have deviated from Lady Stoneheart and have not included that. Not sure how big of a plot element that was in the books.

Stout

Reaction score
It's plausible. I have to admit I wouldn't miss this part of the story but it would turn into a huge deviation from the books if this becomes George RR. Martin's main focus for a big chunk of the book.

I know many fans are still upset they have deviated from Lady Stoneheart and have not included that. Not sure how big of a plot element that was in the books.

I can answer that below:

Not big thus far, because we've only just caught a glimpse of her, but it seems Lady Stoneheart will become a major player in the Riverlands.

There's no way they can abandon Dorne at this point. Aside from having the entire show in the can before the season, thus making it impossible, it would be worse even than the crap that is that story line so far.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
it has already been made clear to Daenarys that her strongest support in the seven kingdoms would come from Dorne...and it makes even more sense now that the badass ******* of dorne have risen up to take control....who better to support a female ruler with dragons, than a group of female rulers who hate westeros?
with the old prince....support would have been complicated...as it stands, dorne may be about to invade kings landing on their own anyway.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
it has already been made clear to Daenarys that her strongest support in the seven kingdoms would come from Dorne...and it makes even more sense now that the badass ******* of dorne have risen up to take control....who better to support a female ruler with dragons, than a group of female rulers who hate westeros?
with the old prince....support would have been complicated...as it stands, dorne may be about to invade kings landing on their own anyway.

In the world of the show, I think it's the Iron Islands that will be her strongest support now...

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
In the world of the show, I think it's the Iron Islands that will be her strongest support now...

even the people of the iron islands know and admit they cannot win a battle on land....they are awesome on the sea.... but the seven kingdoms cannot be defeated with ships alone.

however I do agree that having a thousand ships to transport the dothraki horde and the unsullied to westeros would be a huge boon.

the islands and dorne are the obvious two allies. The iron isles have always been on the outside looking in and the Martel family was married in with the targaryans were they not?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

man, if that's the case, what an unbelievably incredible waste of freaking time.

TJ

Reaction score
man, if that's the case, what an unbelievably incredible waste of freaking time.

I think most people would just be happy to move on from that storyline at this point, but I also feel there'll be disappointment with how it ends. However, I think the whole experience has some long-term implication to the grand story.

Stout

Reaction score
FINALLY we get a good episode, beginning to end. FINALLY it's not all boring, predictable tripe. FINALLY we get real advancement of the story. FINALLY we get to stop having crap stories shoved down our throats. FINALLY.

Granted, the first three scenes were waaaaaaaaaaaaaay overlong, and
It's criminal that, as bad as they've made the story line, NOTHING has been done to further the Dorne plot
, but FINALLY we got the old Game of Thrones quality tonight--along with some thrilling answers and plot advancements. FINALLY.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Finally got the answer on A character from the books that hadn't appeared until now! Finally confirmed a theory about a Stark family member!

Stout

Reaction score
Finally got the answer on A character from the books that hadn't appeared until now! Finally confirmed a theory about a Stark family member!

Actually, if its the theory you're thinking of, no, they didn't.

He isn't Coldhands. From even before the first book was written, we had a definitive NO on that count.

It is great to have so and so back, though, yes :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson