Game of Thrones (HBO)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Dr. Jones, Sep 22, 2010.

1. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

More evidence the show gave zero fs about this last season:

Chris_Sanders likes this.
  2. Town Drunk

Town Drunk Longest serving ASFN lurker

Giant pile of “meh” for me. Just not feeling this season. Too rushed.

I’ll go back and start from the beginning over the summer. But I’m pretty disappointed with the final season.

LoyaltyisaCurse likes this.
  3. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

Satisfied but disappointed in who wore the crown but loved a character saying FU to my fate I am doing what I want.

Like everyone else felt way too rushed.

Town Drunk likes this.
  4. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

The only word I come up with is “satisfied.” Didn’t wow me. Wasn’t great solutions. Thought the nod to elections was a bit too cheeky for the tone of GoT, but overall I’m satisfied.

Sorry to see it come to an end.

Shane, offset and Hoop Head like this.
  5. TJ

TJ Suge White

Very much so.

6. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Oh I think that’s 100% why they all split up. Note none of the starks are with one and other. I venture to guess that the most compelling spinoff might be the adventures of Arya in the unchartered world. Because they can literally take that anywhere they want to go.

7. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

And now for why this episode sucked.

#1. Last episode, we spent a ton of time on Aria finding a magic horse as she rides out of King's Landing.

One episode later, she walks out of King's Landing....

Was the magic horse just in her head? Did she just get off the horse right before riding out of the gates? Is this a literal F U and the horse you rode in on to anyone who made it this far?

Good thing we devoted precious screen time to someone doing ABSOLUTELY nothing for two episodes.

#2. Cersei and Jamie...again

The weight of the Red Keep and the 7 kingdoms is falling on you!!!

Its sort of a minor burial though. No more two bricks. After that the kingdom knew to stop. "Okay Okay...we killed them. Lets just stop now so Tyrion can mourn them next week"

#3. That Hand

Soooo....when Jamie and Cersei are buried, Jamie has his hands around her neck. Then they get buried...except that hand. Apparently the hand is made of pure golden plot armor.

#4 The entire ending

Oh we can't let Jon be king because the wars it would start with the dothraki and the unsullied. Hey they are sailing back across the ocean...oh well lets just continue to do what they asked

#5. Grey Worm

Of all the character arcs...even Jamie...this is the worst. He is caring until he isn't. He is loyal to the death until he isn't. He is uncompromising until he isn't

I am sure there are at least 20 of these.

got.jpg

Stout and LoyaltyisaCurse like this.
  8. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

#6 How long passes between Jon and Dany and the current Lords of Westeros arriving at the suddenly miraculously restored Kings Landing to vote?

Would it have taken like a minute to show the MOMENTOUS moment of Jon explaining why he killed Dany and them saying "Summon the Lords of Westeros"

#7. Apparently the Small Council room has the same plot armor as Jamie's hand..maybe better since it got no bricks

#8 Back to #6. Why did Grey Worm wait for the Lords of Westeros to teleport to the restored Kings Landing? Why not kill Jon and Tyrion in the apparent weeks betweeen scenes?

Stout likes this.
  9. offset

offset i have a special purpose

The season definitely felt rushed but in the end, for the most part, I am satisfied with the endings of each of the characters.

10. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

Not as bad as the Unsullied and Dothraki casually walking by the murderer of their queen before sailing off. They really mailed it in this season. :lol:

Stout and LoyaltyisaCurse like this.
  11. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Señor Caca Cabeza Contributor

I thought his arc, or at least turn, made more sense than Jamie.

He's a former slave who was trained to kill and was also castrated as a child. He met a woman who he fell for that accepted him for who he was, missing parts and all, and he had her taken from him in this foreign land where his liberator took him. His liberator, Dany, told him all about that land and how once she's there she will rule that kingdom and he will be able to go on his merry way with his woman once they take care of the evil people who ran her off as a child. The first time he really encounters the people who ran Dany off, those he's there to kill, they kidnapped his woman in a quite brutal fashion to send a message. Of course he's all sorts of messed up now. His chance at normal is gone. I know it's nice to think he'd find another chick somewhere but it's too late for that, think about what he overcame to let Missandei in? He's not doing that again. He'll murder those responsible for taking her instead and when they're gone, he'll murder those who aided them.

I don't know, of all the complaints of arcs that took a wrong turn or uncharacteristic turn, I think Grey Worm's path seems the most clear.

12. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

Good call!

Me too, but I have no desire to rewatch anything past seasons 1-4.

Yup.

This was just lame--just BAD. The first 1/2 hour, we got a lot of characters walking, Dany giving a 1 minute crazy speech, and Jon 100 percent not acting like Jon in a pathetic scene with Tyrion arguing with him. I almost fell asleep.

I don't mind HOW it ended. Kind of a cool solution and whatnot. It was just insanely BORING.

13. crisper57

crisper57 Open the Roof!

I liked the end.

Thought this season had 3 really solid episodes, 1 meh, and two that were so bad they destroyed the cohesiveness of the story running throughout, tainting the others.

This episode felt like vintage GoT in some ways. Between the battles, the real game is played. I liked that the last episode was all scheming and politics one last time.

And I liked the fates filed out to the characters. Fitting and satisfying.

If the road to get here just hadn’t been so filled with potholes...

14. crisper57

crisper57 Open the Roof!

I wonder if the writing this season suffered because writers bailed to work on the 13,000 spinoffs being explored by HBO?

I don’t know. Honestly wondering if the writer’s room did have significant turnover?

15. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

I have a lot of the same problems, but you have 2 points about Jaime and Cersei. Really? They had to make sure SOMEONE knew, you know, that they actually DIED. And having Tyrion mourn over them was probably the best way to do it. Are you really THAT upset about not having enough rubble on top of them?

This episode was boring as all get out, but the scene with Tyrion under the keep is one of the most forgettable. And in a forgettable episode, that's saying a lot.