Game balls .....5-0

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't disagree with everything but your last paragraph.

With that said, if Shanahan plays more conservative on offense and didn't ask his rookie QB with one start to complete 5 different 4th down conversions, including 3 while they were in FG range, the game is likely much different. If you want to talk about only the 4th down plays, either Shanahan made poor coaching decisions, or Kliff/Vance outcoached Shanahan on the plays themselves.

Let's break it down a bit smaller. Has there ever been a coach that has outcoached the opponent and lost? IMO the game doesn't have to be a blow out to be out-coached.
I guess we disagree because I think a losing coach can outcoach a winning coach.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Heh, I think I shared the tweet because it encapsulates my thoughts on the Niners.

I mean, I think of Shanahan in a similar vein to what I think of Kingsbury. Good offensive mind, but I don't know if either are good head coaches.
Lol you and I always have these post wars and end up within a few feet of each other all along.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess we disagree because I think a losing coach can outcoach a winning coach.
Do you think that happened last week?

I agree that a better coach can still lose a game. Can a better coach get outsmarted by a lesser coach, of course?

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Just wondering how the word "balls" can be used in the thread title? ;)

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
But some good defense too. Simmons stoning the Rook at the goalline was epic.

Hicks jumping in the A gap to blow up the play with their FB.

JJ getting his hands up to deflect a 4th down pass.

Cards earned those stops. Proud of the defense today.

What’s cool about that play is after watching it several times, I’m convinced Isaiah Simmons was going to pick it off had it not been batted down.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose