Game #98-Milwaukee Brewers (51-48) @ Arizona Diamondbacks (50-48). 7/20/19

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Nobody would want our crappy bullpen patchers. We need to just drop them along with Torey who continues to stay with these pitcher even when they stink.
Agreed, the bullpen is crappy. So who are these bullpen studs Torey should go to?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed, the bullpen is crappy. So who are these bullpen studs Torey should go to?

I know it's easier said than done but we should be buyers on bullpen help. However, It won't make any difference as long as Torey is still the manger. Chaffin came in and looked terrible (and so did Godley), Chaffin should have been pulled before he gave up the homer. Bradley should be in Reno trying to develop some additional pitches instead of taking up a roster spot in the bullpen. Has anyone ever seen Torey get upset with his players?? I was living in LA in the 1980's and watching the Dodgers. I remember a game that the Dodgers had a good lead. An experienced bullpen pitcher came in and was having some trouble getting the ball over the plate. Suddenly Tommy Lasorda called time out and ran out of the dugout and said to the pitcher "throw F**ing strikes or you are out of here". The pitcher did and the Dodgers won the game
I'm not trying to get into a Dodger or Lasorda discussion but sometimes a manger has to kick ass and make some decisions that players may not like. IMO Torey is way too easy on his players.
He stays with them even when they are playing poorly. He appears afraid to make tough decisions on a player. Just my two cents. :bang:

Last edited:

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I know it's easier said than done but we should be buyers on bullpen help. However, It won't make any difference as long as Torey is still the manger. Chaffin came in and looked terrible (and so did Godley), Chaffin should have been pulled before he gave up the homer. Bradley should be in Reno trying to develop some additional pitches instead of taking up a roster spot in the bullpen. Has anyone ever seen Torey get upset with his players?? I was living in LA in the 1980's and watching the Dodgers. I remember a game that the Dodgers had a good lead. An experienced bullpen pitcher came in and was having some trouble getting the ball over the plate. Suddenly Tommy Lasorda called time out and ran out of the dugout and said to the pitcher "throw F**ing strikes or you are out of here". The pitcher did and the Dodgers won the game
I'm not trying to get into a Dodger or Lasorda discussion but sometimes a manger has to kick ass and make some decisions that players may not like. IMO Torey is way too easy on his players.
He stays with them even when they are playing poorly. He appears afraid to make tough decisions on a player. Just my two cents. :bang:

Yeah, got to love old school Lasorda. I sat next to him at a Sun's game many years ago. Quite a character. In management we say "Praise in public, criticize in private. But I have no way of knowing if Torey does this. Most us predicted less wins than we are on pace for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA