Game #87-Arizona Diamondbacks (43-43) @ LA Dodgers (57-29). 07/02/19

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why did Yoan López, our best set-up man pitch in the 7th inning tonight?

And Yoshi, who had been demoted, go back to pitching the 8th?

I wish the manager would make up his mind.

Is it, "Look how busy I am and how many changes I make."?
Or is it BADD -- baseball attention deficit disorder?

Huff & puff management. I know it didn't change the horrible
results of the 9th inning. But there are benefits to continuity.

I assume it was somehow matchup related. Gone are the days of managing by feel and instinct. A piece of paper tells TL what he should do.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Blame has to go to the manager for leaving him in past the 2nd walk. And what is with nothing but sliders

Alex Avila calling the pitches. I never noticed Holland shaking off the signs...maybe he did/does.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That was an embarrassment of epic proportions. Literally a loss that should go down in the history books.

Bob M

Reaction score
Butcher going out to tell Holland to stick with the slider.
Butcher is a complete moron and should be fired now! He has been an albatross for years now. He is clueless as he sits in the dugout and strokes his chin and trys to look wise. Lovullo is another stubborn "players" manager. God forbid he actually criticizes some of these underachievers! He "supports his guys" to the point of nausea. He holds nobody accountable for a poor performance always searching for some reason for the poor performance. The reason is they suck! Holland should either be released or sent to Reno now! Bradley has blown so many chances it is ridiculous. He needs a few weeks riding the bus in the PCL. When he returns and blows it yet again, give him his walking papers. I'm tired of these players being treated with kid gloves. They are overpaid babies. They travel first class, stay in 5 start hotels, get generous meal allowances yet can't be yelled at? Half of this team need a real kick in the ass or a one way ticket out of town.

Bob M

Reaction score
Last game, Steve said that BB has been "on assignment" with his facetious tone. That usually mean family time.

Why do you specifically not like Gonzo's color commentary? He is knowledgeable, personable and works
smoothly with Steve, considering that he is a fill-in.
Gonzo is good but BB is better because he has done it longer. Steve B is the one I'd replace. Send him to Reno for the rest of the season. Bring the guv and his sidekick from radio to TV.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Gonzo is good but BB is better because he has done it longer. Steve B is the one I'd replace. Send him to Reno for the rest of the season. Bring the guv and his sidekick from radio to TV.
The guy they should have given a chance to be the D-backs play-by-plan man was Jeff Munn.

He sounded like a younger version of Vin Scully and that's saying something.

And Jeff was extremely knowledgeable in both baseball and basketball history and trivia.

He came in second to only Ken Kendrick when the D-backs held an in-house trivia contest,
despite his young age at the time.

Last edited: